Ford Transit Connect Forum

Floor liner ideas 2012 TC

What's up everyone? I am hoping to add a liner to my TC XLT. My father in law bolted down a piece of plywood to give the van an even surface. What suggestions do you all have for me? I would like to use something other than the premade liners that big companies sell for ~$100-$200. 

Thank you all in advance!

Carpet.  I just laid down a very cheap, thin carpet in the back of mine, and it deadened road noises by at least 50%.  I think the main reason for the reduction in noise ... the carpet absorbs the echo effect.

If you've got a carpet store ... or a building supply surplus store near you ... remnants can be very inexpensive.

• 8 months later...

I just ordered a 4x10 roll of this plyometric rubber for $120 delivered.  I realize that's a lot more expensive than you were probably looking for, but I wanted something that was waterproof and provided some cushion.  I have a lwb wagon and I'm going to cut it to fit in two pieces - one for when both back rows of seats are down, and one for when just the third row is down. 

• 1 month later...

I just went to the overstock store - Ollies Discount - and bought sixteen commercial two-by-two rubber backed carpet squares. They fit perfectly on the 4ft by 6ft floor of the TC with no cutting and I can just flip them from carpet to rubber when I want to carry something messy. I left the vinyl liner that came in the van in place. If one square get too soiled or even ruined by oil, liquids etc. I just throw it away and replace it; that's why I bought so many of them. They also provide great insulation for the floor in the winter time..