Ford Transit Connect Forum

WTS: Adrian Steel Partition $200

Why don’t they include the OEM piece (which is superior every way) with US vans? I get it that they needed to circumvent chicken tax with the old shape but this shouldn’t be the case anymore or is it still?

• 1 month later...

Here's what's left of my cargo wall ...

cargo-wall.jpg

Converting it to an RV so didn't really need it. Mine came in two pieces, so driver's side was removed, and visibility greatly improved by cutting out the waffle section at the top of the other side. Nice place to mount the inverter and a fire extinguisher. 

Anyone want the driver's side half? Pay the shipping and it's yours!  (of course, we're talking about 100 pounds.) <G>

I never wanted a cockpit cage until that first time that I applied the brakes with sudden firmness, and cargo shifted forward.  Okay, it took me more than once to learn my lesson.  Smaller items have traveled under the seat into the footwell......hitting my feet, obstructing the pedals, once a bundle of pipe came forward right onto my accelerator as I was braking.  Large heavy items have slammed into the back of my seat.  I've been hit in the back of the head a few times.  A co-worker had cargo fly into his windshield.  

Those dividers are lifesavers.  

14 hours ago, mrtn said:

Yup, it's mandatory in Europe. You can't buy a van without one.

Is it mandatory over there to KEEP it in the van? The VERY first thing I did to my truck was to take it out. I do however fully understand the benefits of having it in but I don't use the van for work nor do I transport any animals. It tends to restrict vision quite a bit.

17 hours ago, OLDSCHOOLFOOL said:

Is it mandatory over there to KEEP it in the van? The VERY first thing I did to my truck was to take it out. I do however fully understand the benefits of having it in but I don't use the van for work nor do I transport any animals. It tends to restrict vision quite a bit.

You can't pass the annual inspection without it so you can take it out but need to reinstall for the inspection time.

Naturally, if you have a camper, it's ok but power tools become fatal projectiles in high-G maneuvers, such as a crash.

11 hours ago, Fifty150 said:

There are options. Get rid of your dog. Install a backup camera. Get rid of the van. Ride a Harley. Leave your wife. Move in with some college age room mates.  Rock n Roll All Night, & Party Every Day.

Wear sunscreen.

On 7/9/2018 at 1:25 PM, sKiZo said:

Here's what's left of my cargo wall ...

cargo-wall.jpg

Converting it to an RV so didn't really need it. Mine came in two pieces, so driver's side was removed, and visibility greatly improved by cutting out the waffle section at the top of the other side. Nice place to mount the inverter and a fire extinguisher. 

Anyone want the driver's side half? Pay the shipping and it's yours!  (of course, we're talking about 100 pounds.) <G>

This partition will KILL you or a passenger in an accident the way it has been modified, especially in any side or rear impact.

Bad news, coffee drinkers: A California judge has ruled that coffee companies across the state will have to carry a cancer warning label because of a carcinogen that is present in the brewed beverage. ... Acrylamide is a known carcinogen that is produced naturally during the process of baking or frying some foods.Mar 29, 2018

Typical ...

This is from the National Cancer Institute.  There is evidence that Acrylamide increases the risk of cancer in rodents.  However ...

"However, a large number of epidemiologic studies (both case-control and cohort studies) in humans have found no consistent evidence that dietary acrylamide exposure is associated with the risk of any type of cancer."

I stopped paying attention to warning labels back when they put a warning on cigarettes and Tab Cola.

Studies on laboratory rats during the early 1970s linked high volumes of cyclamate and saccharin with the development of bladder cancer. As a result, the United States Congress mandated that further studies of saccharin be performed and required that all food containing saccharin bear a label warning that the sweetener had been shown to cause cancer in laboratory animals. Despite this, Tab remained commercially successful, and was the best-selling diet soda in 1982.

Related imageRelated image

image.png.1ad9da91f9372e1d8789699ac6ce971f.png

With the numerous allegations of amateur and professional athletes using anabolic steroids and/or blood doping to enhance performance, virtually no attention has been paid to the performance enhancing properties of Dihydrogen Monoxide. It is perhaps the sporting world's dirtiest of dirty little secrets that athletes regularly ingest large quantities of DHMO in an effort to gain a competitive edge over an opponent.

runbike.jpg

One technique commonly used by endurance athletes in sports such as distance running and cycling is to take a large amount of DHMO immediately prior to a race. This is known within racing circles to dramatically improve performance.

Sports-medicine physicians warn that ingesting too much Dihydrogen Monoxide can lead to complications and unwanted side-effects, but do acknowledge the link to improved performance. DHMO is not currently considered a banned substance, so post-race urine tests do not detect elevated or abnormal levels of DHMO.

Dihydrogen monoxide:

• is also known as hydric acid, and is the major component of acid rain.
  • contributes to the Greenhouse Effect.
  • may cause severe burns.
  • contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.
  • accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.
  • may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.
  • has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.

Despite the danger, dihydrogen monoxide is often used:

• as an industrial solvent and coolant.
  • in nuclear power plants.
  • in the production of styrofoam.
  • as a fire retardant.
  • in many forms of cruel animal research.
  • in the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.
  • as an additive in certain junk-foods and other food products.
  • Death due to accidental inhalation of DHMO, even in small quantities.
  • Prolonged exposure to solid DHMO causes severe tissue damage.
  • Excessive ingestion produces a number of unpleasant though not typically life-threatening side-effects.
  • DHMO is a major component of acid rain.
  • Gaseous DHMO can cause severe burns.
  • Contributes to soil erosion.
  • Leads to corrosion and oxidation of many metals.
  • Contamination of electrical systems often causes short-circuits.
  • Exposure decreases effectiveness of automobile brakes.
  • Found in biopsies of pre-cancerous tumors and lesions.
  • Given to vicious dogs involved in recent deadly attacks.
  • Often associated with killer cyclones in the U.S. Midwest and elsewhere, and in hurricanes including deadly storms in Florida, New Orleans and other areas of the southeastern U.S.
  • Thermal variations in DHMO are a suspected contributor to the El Nino weather effect.