Ford Transit Connect Forum

Few interior questions

Cobrargc

I've got a '17 Titanium TC.  My wife and I stealth camp with our TC.  We are planning a 10 day trip next month.  On short trips we just fold the rear seats flat and put a full size mattress on top of the seats.  This trip I'd like to remove the 2nd and 3rd row seats to allow more room.  I have 2nd row buckets.  Has anyone removed their seats?  Any issues?  

Also the right rear window has some sort of grid attached to the window that's similar to what you see with electric defrost.  What is this?  Antenna for satilite radio, navigation??

Thanks

I’ve only removed the rear seats and they were not difficult - heavier than you might think.  As I recall the bolts are Torx 55, 2 in the front and 2 in the back.  Slid the seat forward and did the back 2 and then slid sear back to do the front 2.  Lift up and out.  I think the middle ones are a bit more complicated but will worry about that when I do it.  Currently running with just one of the rear seats in.