Ford Transit Connect Forum

Wind Deflectors for Sliding Doors

Has anyone had any success finding wind deflectors for all 4 windows on the transit connect? I have seen images of all four windows with them but I can't seem to find them anywhere to purchase unless it specifically says for SWB. I have a 2015 Ford Transit Connect XLT LWB. Are the windows different sizes in the sliding doors on the SWB and LWB?? I can't find that information either. 

Wife can't even find "insert" type deflectors for the front windows.  I don't have rear side windows, so don't need those.  But the only deflectors we can find, period, are tape on types.

I haven't looked, myself, but Wife is very adept at finding things.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just talked to Weather Tech about 2 weeks ago and they did not know when the rear windows would be made. They are supposed to contact me if and when they plan on producing them. I just bought a set of WT in-channel deflectors from ebay.

• 2 months later...

Would have preferred a set of WT deflecters, but at $70-$100Cdn for set of 2, I'll pass.  Instead I chose DIY sliding-door (LWB) vents.

Used modified alumnum soffit vents [with built-in screens] that are very easy to install/remove. Louvers are rain-resistant & screens make them bug-resistant. Secure ventilation for summer for my pet.  Total cost about $12-$15 Cdn [materials, glue, paint].

Note that I'm on limited budget and NOT a craftsman, and care about function over cosmetics.

• 2 years later...

Resurrecting an old topic here, but I figured that was better than starting a new thread for the same question.

Has anyone found an off-the-shelf solution for rain deflectors for the rear sliding doors on the 2nd gen LWB wagon? I'm hoping to be able to crack the windows while camping without worrying about light rain showers. I'm wondering if anyone has found even universal tape-on ones that fit without looking totally janky.

EDITI just found these on FordPartsGiant for $72 + $15 shipping to Massachusetts: https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-kit-window-shade_et1z-18246-a.html

I'll report back when they arrive.

Edited by bastian

The ones you pic'd are for the front doors? I got em and love em ... the WeatherTech wings fit tight in the window channels. Slide them in, roll up the windows to seat them, and they ain't goin' nowhere. Really cut down on wind noise too.

vent-wings.jpg

One advantage to my rig is sliders on the barn and sliding doors so I get good cross ventilation. I'll crack those open and never take in any rain ...

winnibago-exterior.jpg

PS - a cheap gutter for any slider? Check this out. Only thing I'd change is using 3M body molding tape to mount them.

https://youtu.be/9M_Lh6sgCfE

Edited by sKiZo

The listing I linked is confusing -- the picture is just the front deflectors on a 1st gen Connect, but the specs say they are for all four doors on a 2nd gen LWB wagon. Weird.

Not that it matters, as a matter of fact; I just got an email from FordPartsGiant that my order was voided because the deflectors "have been discontinued (no longer available) and/or is backordered with no ETA date by the manufacture."

That gutter idea is neat, though! In the meantime, I found another vendor for the OEM stick-on deflectors. I just placed an order from them -- I'll update here when I hear back.