Ford Transit Connect Forum

I have a 2017 transit connect that has had a battery drain issue. Wondering if anyone knows how much voltage fall off should be expected in a 24 hour period? Ford changed key fob program in onboard computer, and that helped quite a bit. Still has about 1 volt drain in 24 hours parked. Nothing left on or plugged in. Battery was going dead in 48 hours being parked before Ford program fix. What is still consuming power when parked?

Welcome to forum. Sorry it's under these circumstances for you.

There are a few of us on the forum that are light users of the van. I can go a week or more without turning the van on. Sometimes two weeks, and I've never had a battery discharge issue.

I have a 2015 Cargo Van. Nothing extra running off the power. I will even open doors sometimes during those non-use periods so some minimal cabin/ext lights cycling on triggered by the door. I always leave the doors unlocked, windows open and driver's side slider open and I have no alarm system. Good luck!

The  dealer needs to put an amp meter in series with the battery and remove the fuses and circuit breakers one at a time to see where the draw is , then they will know if it is a hardware issue or a software issue.  The normal parasitic draw should not kill the battery for at least a month. Today's vehicles have lots of computers and the memory functions cause a very small continuous load on the battery.

Edited by G B L