Ford Transit Connect Forum

New owner --(2012--used) --I have questions

HI.not sure what classification this goes under, but will try her.. Juta bought a used Connect -50k Miles and it seems to run fine ( I have had it 5 days)...BUT some odd things I have noticed.

1/ There is no horn "beep" when I lock the door using the Key FOB

2/ The tires seem fine...but the "low tire" symbol will not shut off

3/ The light for the cruise control does not go on.

There may be more "minor issues"...but I am new so...not sure what to expect. 

Also..I should get a tune up??? 

Thanks for all.

I'd think the low pressure tire warning would indicate that the rims were replaced and the correct pressure sensors weren't installed? Or one of the OEM sensors is defective? 

s-l300.jpg

$20-30 each - a piece of black tape over the light's a lot cheaper. <G>

10 hours ago, DonShockley said:

#1 is normal, and annoying. You never know for sure if it locked. You can hit the lock twice to trigger the "here's your car" horn honk if you really need an acknowledgement that the car is receiving your fob commands.

Thank you.  No matter how many times I click to close there is no "honk" --guess I'm just used to it on my other cars.

10 hours ago, DonShockley said:

#1 is normal, and annoying. You never know for sure if it locked. You can hit the lock twice to trigger the "here's your car" horn honk if you really need an acknowledgement that the car is receiving your fob commands.

#1 The 2012 Gen 1 you are talking about does not have the horn honk features at all. All you will ever get is the lights flashing for the doors being locked. And the lovely sound like mrtn said. Those locks will wake the crew on the International Space Station the are so loud. lol

#2 This could be a number of things. The air pressure may be lower than what the TPMS sensors are set for. A battery could be dead in one or more sensor. One or more sensors maybe broken. I would suggest taking it to a tire shop like Discount Tire or others and have them check the sensors. 

#3 The cruise control light does not come on till you hit the set button. If it still does not come on but does engage the cruise, then I would look into the led being burnt out.