ford-diesel

Looking to get a diesel

I am also looking at purchasing a '19 SWB diesel. I love the LWB and 2.5, but I don't need the extra room and would love better gas mileage. I also think the SWB drives better and looks better than the LWB, but that's just me....

Which Diesel does it have ? Did you say it is faster than your ecoboost?

Yup, it has more immediate torque available. I didn’t want to push it too hard as it only had 3K on the odometer but yes.

I don’t know it it was the old type 2.2 litre diesel or the new 2.0 one.

mrtn said "I didn't want to push it hard because it only had 3k..."

Why I didn't do a "test drive" from the dealer - they give you a car with 3k on it & you drive around for 20 minutes while the salesman makes his pitch from the shotgun. Every car drives great when everything is new & tight.

I rented a FTCvan with 34k on it - two years of use, with many drivers, most of whom do not take the care mrtn does, most of whom do not respect "load limits" or drive gentle for fuel economy or longevity of a transmission. It gives a far better impression of what I'll be driving in 2021.

I'd still rather be driving the 15-year-old 2.5l than the unproven 1.5td. 

GK

I will try and drive the Diesel if any Dealer has one.  The Design issues can be worked out of the power plant, but the 40+ Hp penalty could be more of an issue.

As time wears on the seat and ability to control the radio with out an issue  out weighs the mechanical coolness.