ford-diesel

Anyone else in line for a 2019 Diesel XLT Connect Wagon?

On 7/30/2018 at 3:09 PM, FDLFDC said:

As of today, I have a 2019 TC XLT, swb, diesel,  symmetrical rear doors, on order.  With: tow, cloth seats, mid overhead storage, driver assist, sync3 w/nav, anti theft, blis, power seat.  Enough is enough! Invoice less incentives on delivery....they are guessing April-June.

The diesel is the only option on swb.  No rear symmetrical doors on Titanium’s.  I hated my hatchback on my 2016 TC, just sayin’

Good luck to others who have ordered.

OP here - Ordered ours about 2 weeks ago with swb, diesel,  symmetrical rear doors.  Not much else because it's primarily SWMBO's vehicle.

On 8/3/2018 at 11:06 AM, DonShockley said:

I'll be replacing my current TC Wagon next year and had been planning on special ordering a TC Van. That may change depending on how my current trip to the shop turns out in the end, but for now another TC is still the plan. For those with prior diesel vehicle ownership, what are the reasons to consider making the switch from gas to diesel. <snip>

SWMBO wanted a SWB Ford minivan , it only comes in Diesel :)

On 8/5/2018 at 9:16 AM, Mike Chell said:

The "pro ethanol" sites online state that E-10 is only 5% reduction and E-85 is only 20% ... but no one outside the pro sites can get numbers that good.

In most comparisons ... E-10 is about a 20% reduction in distance from non-ethanol gas.  E-85 is close to 50% reduction.

If a tank full of non-ethanol goes 500 miles ...

E-10 will get you 400 miles and require 25% more fuel to get you the same distance ... you're still making more emissions by the time you reach your destination.

E-85 will take you between 250 and 300 miles and requires almost twice as much fuel.  BUT E-85 IS a much cleaner burning fuel and you will produce less emissions.

I go through this information with almost every class (one week classes with 12 people or so).  In almost every class, there's at least one person who drives a flex fuel and has experienced similar results.

Well my real world experience jibes exactly with the "Pro ethanol" sites (whatever that means).   I consistantly got around 20mpg when I get 25-27 normally.  That's not even close to twice as much and I've never seen anyone else claim 1/2 the mpg.

Simply not the case.  

(E85)

Edited by MLB

On 9/12/2018 at 4:37 PM, ford-diesel said:

OP here - Ordered ours about 2 weeks ago with swb, diesel,  symmetrical rear doors.  Not much else because it's primarily SWMBO's vehicle.

SWMBO wanted a SWB Ford minivan , it only comes in Diesel :)

What is a "SWMBO"?  Is that a "code" of some sort, used on a modern "hook up app"?

When is expected delivery of your vehicle?

Have these started getting to the dealers? Wondering how fuel mileage will compare and what kind of maintenance they will need. 

I have been looking but I have not seen any dealers advertise one in stock to go and see.  I want to do a test drive.

On 10/11/2018 at 2:48 AM, Fifty150 said:

What is a "SWMBO"?  Is that a "code" of some sort, used on a modern "hook up app"?

I think "SWMBO" is short for She Who Must Be Obeyed

Gas here s now $1.95 a gallon while diesel is $2.69  -  Even if the diesel gets much better mileage, it's still gonna cost more to operate at those prices

Don 

For people who want diesel engines, they have already factored in the extra cost of ownership and operation as reasonable.  People are willing to pay more for diesel engines, and pay more to buy fuel.

My view is that with Transit Connect, if you really want a diesel engine for more torque and power, you may as well buy a larger vehicle more capable of what you want to do.

2 hours ago, Beta Don said:

I think "SWMBO" is short for She Who Must Be Obeyed

Okay.  I had no idea.  Thanks!

My interest in the Diesel is academic.  I just wanted to see how the car runs and feels.