Ford Transit Connect Forum

Anyone else in line for a 2019 Diesel XLT Connect Wagon?

On 7/30/2018 at 3:09 PM, FDLFDC said:

As of today, I have a 2019 TC XLT, swb, diesel,  symmetrical rear doors, on order.  With: tow, cloth seats, mid overhead storage, driver assist, sync3 w/nav, anti theft, blis, power seat.  Enough is enough! Invoice less incentives on delivery....they are guessing April-June.

The diesel is the only option on swb.  No rear symmetrical doors on Titanium’s.  I hated my hatchback on my 2016 TC, just sayin’

Good luck to others who have ordered.

OP here - Ordered ours about 2 weeks ago with swb, diesel,  symmetrical rear doors.  Not much else because it's primarily SWMBO's vehicle.

On 8/3/2018 at 11:06 AM, DonShockley said:

I'll be replacing my current TC Wagon next year and had been planning on special ordering a TC Van. That may change depending on how my current trip to the shop turns out in the end, but for now another TC is still the plan. For those with prior diesel vehicle ownership, what are the reasons to consider making the switch from gas to diesel. <snip>

SWMBO wanted a SWB Ford minivan , it only comes in Diesel :)

• 4 weeks later...

On 8/5/2018 at 9:16 AM, Mike Chell said:

The "pro ethanol" sites online state that E-10 is only 5% reduction and E-85 is only 20% ... but no one outside the pro sites can get numbers that good.

In most comparisons ... E-10 is about a 20% reduction in distance from non-ethanol gas.  E-85 is close to 50% reduction.

If a tank full of non-ethanol goes 500 miles ...

E-10 will get you 400 miles and require 25% more fuel to get you the same distance ... you're still making more emissions by the time you reach your destination.

E-85 will take you between 250 and 300 miles and requires almost twice as much fuel.  BUT E-85 IS a much cleaner burning fuel and you will produce less emissions.

I go through this information with almost every class (one week classes with 12 people or so).  In almost every class, there's at least one person who drives a flex fuel and has experienced similar results.

Well my real world experience jibes exactly with the "Pro ethanol" sites (whatever that means).   I consistantly got around 20mpg when I get 25-27 normally.  That's not even close to twice as much and I've never seen anyone else claim 1/2 the mpg.

Simply not the case.  

(E85)

Edited by MLB

On 9/12/2018 at 4:37 PM, ford-diesel said:

OP here - Ordered ours about 2 weeks ago with swb, diesel,  symmetrical rear doors.  Not much else because it's primarily SWMBO's vehicle.

SWMBO wanted a SWB Ford minivan , it only comes in Diesel :)

What is a "SWMBO"?  Is that a "code" of some sort, used on a modern "hook up app"?

When is expected delivery of your vehicle?

• 1 month later...
On 10/11/2018 at 2:48 AM, Fifty150 said:

What is a "SWMBO"?  Is that a "code" of some sort, used on a modern "hook up app"?

I think "SWMBO" is short for She Who Must Be Obeyed

Gas here s now $1.95 a gallon while diesel is $2.69  -  Even if the diesel gets much better mileage, it's still gonna cost more to operate at those prices

Don 

For people who want diesel engines, they have already factored in the extra cost of ownership and operation as reasonable.  People are willing to pay more for diesel engines, and pay more to buy fuel.

My view is that with Transit Connect, if you really want a diesel engine for more torque and power, you may as well buy a larger vehicle more capable of what you want to do.

2 hours ago, Beta Don said:

I think "SWMBO" is short for She Who Must Be Obeyed

Okay.  I had no idea.  Thanks!

• 4 months later...
On 7/30/2018 at 12:09 PM, FDLFDC said:

As of today, I have a 2019 TC XLT, swb, diesel,  symmetrical rear doors, on order.  With: tow, cloth seats, mid overhead storage, driver assist, sync3 w/nav, anti theft, blis, power seat.  Enough is enough! Invoice less incentives on delivery....they are guessing April-June.

The diesel is the only option on swb.  No rear symmetrical doors on Titanium’s.  I hated my hatchback on my 2016 TC, just sayin’

Good luck to others who have ordered.

Update April 11, 2019

After waiting for seven months, my dealer called me with bad news.  My Transit will not be built.  They can’t get the Diesel engines!  Right!

ok, so I ordered another 2019, from a different dealer, but a cargo van, XLT with windows in the sliding doors and rear doors, SWB, gas engine, almost same as before...except this dealer offered me a deal: $500 under invoice.  So maybe September or December?

I always removed the second seat anyway in the passenger van, so no problem.

• 4 months later...

Yet another update...

last month my Dealer called me and once again said Ford would not be building my newest order.  No reason that he knew of, just not building it.

I waited a couple of days and went into his Dealership.  We sat down and started searching all over California for one similar to my order on a lot.  He found ONE about 200 miles from us.  It was close to the one I had ordered 5 months ago, just no glass in the sliding doors, no nav, but short wheel base!  Apparently it had been ordered by a customer who wanted a long wheel base but this one was not.  I asked my guy to see if it was available, it was, and I got it...still at my promised $500 under invoice.

A week later, I attempted to back into my driveway...WTH? No reverse!  The gear shift was in reverse, the dash readout showed reverse, but all I got was rpm’s.  I shut it off, restarted it, and waalaa, reverse.  Back to the dealer.  Two hours later they called me...bad news.  A module in the transmission was bad and would have to be replaced.  Ok, it’s under warranty.  Two weeks later now and we’re still waiting for Ford to send us a module.  As a side note...this van has the “Auto/Stop” feature however if the driver wants to disable it, there is a button on the dash to do so. If you do disable it, that is when the transmission will not select reverse and you have to shut the vehicle off and restart it, then you have reverse.  A glitch that Ford is aware of and is working on.

I tell ya...I am losing faith in the Brand.

Otherwise, I am enjoying the van as far as everything else goes.  Good power, easy parking, good hauling capacity.  I also have a number to a local company who installs windows in the sliding doors.

standby for further updates...

• 1 month later...
On 9/7/2019 at 10:17 AM, FDLFDC said:

standby for further updates

Well, the dealer picked up my van last Thursday morning, brought it back Friday evening.  Said it was good to go.  Ok, I now have reverse back, however the auto stop/start doesn’t work...

Since I don’t care about that feature, I’m inclined to just leave well enough alone.  I think I need to give it some time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/8/2019 at 12:34 PM, FDLFDC said:

Well, the dealer picked up my van last Thursday morning, brought it back Friday evening.  Said it was good to go.  Ok, I now have reverse back, however the auto stop/start doesn’t work...

Since I don’t care about that feature, I’m inclined to just leave well enough alone.  I think I need to give it some time.

Ok, it’s been awhile.  Three more attempts by the dealer to fix the tranny and auto stop/start....In December they installed a brand new transmission and told me all was good to go...

As I drove off the lot I found the auto stop thang was still not working!  It is still intermittent, however a few days later NO REVERSE! Wtf?

December 27 I contacted a lemon law lawyer.  So on Monday they will advise me if they will accept my claim.

Good luck to all of you who have this vehicle, as for me I’m done.

• 7 months later...
On 10/8/2019 at 1:09 PM, Double Nickels said:

Not me.  I would start looking into a Lemon Law lawyer.  They took your money.  You got an item which does not perform as promised.

Yep did just that.  As of March 2020, we received all our money back. Purchase price,,tax, license et all.  Thanks for some good times...

Well at least you are only out the time and effort.. It is too bad you did not get to use and enjoy Your TC.  I wish you had gotten a good one like mine .  I am also glad i did not get the one you were given.  Sometimes luck counts for something. 

Safe Travels.

• 7 months later...
On 8/12/2020 at 8:28 PM, G B L said:

Well at least you are only out the time and effort.. It is too bad you did not get to use and enjoy Your TC.  I wish you had gotten a good one like mine .  I am also glad i did not get the one you were given.  Sometimes luck counts for something. 

Safe Travels.

GBL, thanks for those words...

Since my post I have gotten over the sting of the whole thing, and, have ordered another FTC, (they can’t all be lemons, right?).  I realized I really missed our TC.  We are now looking forward to a 2021 model.  Since they will be built in Mexico the wait should be shorter ...?

Glad to still be here with the faithful...

To the best of my knowledge they are still being built in Spain. I think yours will be a 2022 as production begins on 04/19/21.

Not to burst your bubble but I ordered a similar unit and so far it has been 7 months and it is still not here yet. Mine was built on 02/26. Delivery by 05/14. Long lead time is based on semiconductor shortage.