Ford Transit Connect Forum

What does the stock wireless do?

Jiquay

My 2018 XL Wagon is currently no more than a pile of paperwork in a Ford factory in Spain....

I upgraded one level from the stock AM/FM, adding in the CD player. I do NOT want anything touch-screen because changing radio stations should NOT be as distracting as texting while driving.

I know I have a 3.5mm audio plug in the console to hook up an MP3 player.  I know a lot of cars have a USB port that will read music direct from a stick, and a lot of CD players will read MP3 files on CD-ROM. Is there anything like this on my FTC?

I'm transferring 300+ CDs to a memory stick right now, hoping I can either plug it directly or I can burn about 25 CD-ROMs & carry my entire library with me.  I never know, pulling out of Montreal, what I want to be listening to in Boston...

GK

GBL thats what I have ordered & that's what I want. DonR there's no point getting sync & Bluetooth when medical issues preclude me ever having a smartphone & not many apps available for a flippie...

But does the basic CD player read MP3 discs, or a USB stick?

GK

I volunteer for Opération Nez Rouge, a drive-you-home-safe-when-you've-partaken-too-much-Christmas-cheer service. The car dealers provide us with the chase-cars. Team of 3 come to your party, 2 drive you home in your car while I follow, then we're off to the next merrymaker. All donations go to the youth drop-in centre.

Had a Ford Focus with the high-end audio - took me over 30 seconds to change a preset radio station when the GPS was active. Tap, tap, tap, tap uhh - who's driving the car?

Edited by Jiquay

It has an input  in the console, It is analog  I cannot tell you how well it works as I have not used it.  I have yet to use the CD Player. I am a Radio guy.

Edited by G B L

Thanks, OSG. I enjoy radio around town but prefer to dj myself on the open road. fumbling with an mp3 player is more awkward than just inserting a disc...

I guess I'll have to invest in an iPod or clone.

GK