Ford Transit Connect Forum

New Digital Tire Inflator with Pressure Gauge

windguy

Okay, maybe I've been living in a cave too long, so if you already have one of these, then move along. There's nothing new to read here.

My old digital tire gauge was getting really flaky, not engaging the valve very well. Model shown in picture below. Time for a new one.

Rather than replace with something similar, I find out you can get a digital gauge and inflator all in one tool. My old inflator had some manual pop up reader but never used it.

Picked out the AstroAi 250 (about $30) based on decent reviews and it's the cat's meow. It's so fast to inflate, check pressure, bleed some air out if necessary. There are a few more expensive models but didn't think it was warranted for my monthly pressure checks on two cars. I need to get out of the cave more often. There's a new world out there.

https://www.amazon.com/AstroAI-Inflator-Compressor-Accessories-Resolution/dp/B07528LFCT

OLD GAUGE

Old Tire Gauge.JPG

NEW GAUGE/INFLATOR

5a7f9a985e457_newtiregauge.jpg.6b0a0cf93ded36704c94221012e588d3.jpg

Edited by windguy

I use a similar inflator except mine has an analog gage. What I like is not having to hold everything in place. The chuck locks on and you can stand up fairly straight, just squeeze to inflate, pause and check the pressure, add more or deflate as needed. And only once the pressure is correct, disconnect and move to the next tire.