Ford Transit Connect Forum

After-Market Sliding Windows

Hi, I have a new Transit Connect van with no side windows. I skipped them as an option because my wife and I wanted sliding glass (with screens) that we could use for camping trips. Anybody out there have any info on availability of this type of window in the after-market?

:D

There were some offered on E-bay. I previously posted the URL on this forum but have now lost it.

• 1 year later...

The NYC Transit Connect taxi's have a window in the side sliding door. It's 2 panels and one slides back over the other.

I've thought about trying to find out if its aftermarket, or part of the TC Taxi Package. I just haven't had a chance to check.

• 1 year later...

Did you ever get the response you were looking for? I just purchased a 2010 TC and it came with sliding windows installed in the sliding doors.

They're not as large as the factory windows, but they appear to be well made and installed professionally. They're tinted, too, for privacy.

Let me know if you're still looking, admittedly not likely 3 years later, and I'll find out who makes them. :)

Thanks Windguy, but do those C R Laurence windows open? It doesn't look as if they do.

I have no idea. I'd suggest contacting the company.

My only knowledge of this window source is from a Sprinter forum where posters have gotten aftermarket windows from them.

Best of luck.

• 1 month later...

Hey Timbo, that sounds interesting. Since the sliders are smaller would installation require a new door?

Turns out they're made by CR Laurence, and no, you don't have to replace the doors if you have a cargo van.

They slide open and have a plastic screen to keep bugs out. I've tested mine for leaks and have found none.

Not sure if I'm allowed to post links, but this is close to what I have. http://www.amazon.com/C-R-LAURENCE-HTW20043-Horizontal-Sliding/dp/B002CXEXVK

My windows are 25" by 15" and are made of tempered glass.

I hope this helps.

Edited by Timbo

• 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I put a CR Lawrence window in my full sized van and it worked real well, But i'd like to put something a little more streamed-line on my TC. Been wondering how well a sunroof would work in the sliding doors. Obviously, the sunroof would be installed sideways.

Next spring I'll retire and move to Missouri. The CR Lawrence factory will be about 100 miles away. Looks like a road trip for me to see what would work. If nothing else, I'd take the factory glued-in windows. Having a side window on the sliders would increase the safety factor a bunch.

• 4 years later...
17 hours ago, tnoll said:

Not that I can afford it anyway, but I'd like to know about the pop-top on the van in those pics, lol. Looks pretty decent when closed, anyway. 

• 3 months later...
On 6/1/2020 at 2:52 PM, tnoll said:

2 of the pics show a window replacing the entire opening where the plastic panel was.  But the last photo shows it cut to the shape of the framework inside like the wagens would have.  ??????

On 6/2/2020 at 8:49 AM, jrm223 said:

Not that I can afford it anyway, but I'd like to know about the pop-top on the van in those pics, lol. Looks pretty decent when closed, anyway. 

I'd like to know if those side slider door windows are any good.

46 minutes ago, MLB said:

2 of the pics show a window replacing the entire opening where the plastic panel was.  But the last photo shows it cut to the shape of the framework inside like the wagens would have.  ??????

I have the AMA sliding window from Van Windows Direct in my 2017 TC XLT. It works perfectly, no issues at all. You can look at my installation on page 2 of my simple camper thread here;  

On 9/22/2020 at 8:53 PM, MLB said:

From the outside, it replaces the whole panel. From the inside, there's the fairly large steel door structure that makes the actual opening quite a bit smaller than it appears from outside, as shown in their pics. Desert_Connect has a great photo showing just that in his thread, this pic here:

Desert_Connect_Slide_Door_Window_Opening.thumb.jpeg.4ae9ebae993b747f2babd302c16e24f7.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...