Ford Transit Connect Forum

Not flush mounted.  It sticks out.  Product description says 0.04".  Product comes with a foam padding, so that after you install, it helps keep water from going in through the holes.  Maybe it works.  But if I'm concerned about water leaking in, I will use silicone.

KIMG1342.thumb.JPG.10f1739534f0698c850507b42efccb70.JPG616jz3vP4CL._SL1009_.jpg

I just purchased this beauty. 

large.Charger.jpg.170a1979a67eceb43f8b683ead1fc720.jpg

This is what she looked like prior to being stripped of her decals by the county. 

large.4951541790_d440fe3fba.jpg.5d3a4b01a32ea83d6d33375797aedc21.jpg

Going to switch all the lights over to LED's. But I am watching this post for ideas for the TC. All of my work is done at night in it. Lighting is a must and yall got some great ideas. 

We don’t have any parking meters left anymore. There are cash/card pay machines at designated parking lots/structures in the city center but since phone parking was introduced in 2000 the parking meters started to phase out and were gone in a few years.

I suppose that since the meters work, there is very little reason to spend more money to phase them out.  Why spend all that money to upgrade to a pay station system, when you don't have to?

It was another foggy day today.  Those yellow lights are pretty nice to have.  Not that fog lights do much in the fog during day hours.  But it does increase your profile, and make you more visible to oncoming vehicles.  At night though, the yellow lights do illuminate the area immediately in front of the vehicle very well, and allows me to see the lane markers better in the fog.

KIMG1344.thumb.JPG.0722f04762f5bf0a38b9487e4614cc59.JPG

karl.jpg

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 3:40 AM, mrtn said:

We don’t have any parking meters left anymore. There are cash/card pay machines at designated parking lots/structures in the city center but since phone parking was introduced in 2000 the parking meters started to phase out and were gone in a few years.

English being the ambiguous language that it is, it sounds like you're saying that if you don't own that $600 smart phone and choose to spend that antique cash.........you wouldn't be welcome to park your vehicle in certain areas?

10 hours ago, Fifty150 said:

I suppose that since the meters work, there is very little reason to spend more money to phase them out.  Why spend all that money to upgrade to a pay station system, when you don't have to?

2 hours ago, OLDSCHOOLFOOL said:

English being the ambiguous language that it is, it sounds like you're saying that if you don't own that $600 smart phone and choose to spend that antique cash.........you wouldn't be welcome to park your vehicle in certain areas?

Sorry, OLDSCHOLFOOL, about the wording mistakes. English is my fourth language and I slip every now and then. 

If the meters are only used for something like 1% of parking then maintaining the system is not viable. You don't need a smartphone for parking, it also works over a text message by sending your car number and the parking area code (city, central, private parking lots each have their own code) to the number 1902 and cancel by calling 1903. That's how it was originally designed in y 2000 and it still works. Using the smartphone app just adds convenience features like GPS detection of the area and saving your vehicles for quick pick.

As for welcome, tourist areas are equipped with pay stations in visible range and English instructions for using the SMS-based system. Does anyone know anyone driving a car and traveling who doesn't own a mobile phone of any sort?

None of the cities along the Mississippi Gulf Coast have any meters, nor any way to charge anyone for parking  -  We must be missing out on tons of revenue   :spend:

When I think of a parking meter, I think back to the movie 'Cool Hand Luke'  -  Parking meters sure got Paul Newman's character into a TON of trouble, didn't they?  :cry:

Don

4 hours ago, Beta Don said:

When I think of a parking meter, I think back to the movie 'Cool Hand Luke'  -  Parking meters sure got Paul Newman's character into a TON of trouble, didn't they?  :cry:

My wife's favorite movie, but it probably has nothing to do with parking meters.;)

12 hours ago, Beta Don said:

It’s easy to romantisize the crank parking meter. Smells like cigarette smoke in planes and doctors’ waiting rooms. And Nylon stockings.