Ford Transit Connect Forum

2017 TC XLT simple camper

15 hours ago, MLB said:

Nice!  I'm looking at those, trying to decide if I want the opening window or just the solid piece. "On Sale" for $230ish now, with the sliding window another $150 I think.  I don't really care about it opening, just want to see backing out of a parking space. And I like the look of the solid glass best.  Are you happy with the opening window? Secure?  Use it?   Thanks! Great job!

Thanks, MLB.   I chose this window primarily for the opening window. So the other factors were of less importance to me. It does not leak or create any wind noise that I have noticed and seems to operate well. I only use it while parked and camping for air ventilation otherwise it remains closed. I suppose it could be considered less secure but face it if anyone wants in all they have to do is knick an edge on the glass with or without the opening window and it will crumble into chips. Even though I was a truck driver for 40 years I have to admit having the window in the R slider does make the van easier to drive in this fast paced world. 

• 1 month later...

SOLD

Just tossing this out to the forum members:  

I am moving overseas next month so I will be selling my 17' Transit Connect XLT. It has been trouble free with just under 36,000mi and all oil changes at 6k. I bought it new in July of 2017, a few normal rock chips but no fender benders not even a single door ding, it is in very good condition. I will be asking KBB average private party price and the long list of accessories and camping equipment is included. I am looking for an interested person that wants to use the camping conversion and I will work with them for a sale. I live 25 minutes south of Tucson Arizona and I will be leaving sometime between December 1 and January 8th, if all goes as planned (?) Serous inquiries please feel free to contact me. 

Thanks,

Ernie

IMG_0299.jpeg

IMG_0298.jpeg

Edited by desert_connect
SOLD