Ford Transit Connect Forum

Just got a 2016 XLT Cargo Van

jmacken37

Hello,

New forum member here. I just picked up a 2016 TC XLT Cargo Van. It was a new vehicle still on the lot with fixed rear windows and a fixed passenger slider window. I thought the XLT package came with SYNC but apparently I was wrong! Still getting to know this thing and I plan on doing some sort of camper conversion. 

Has anyone put the sunglass holder in the overhead console from the wagon in the van?

Looking forward to reading the forum and connecting (pun intended...I know pretty weak!) with you guys!

Sync is not relevant anymore, don’t worry about it. I have the most basic radio with Bluetooth and USB. Its only job is to stream the Bluetooth audio from the phone and does it just fine.

There has been sunglass holder talk here recently. Feel free to browse.

Welcome to the forum...bought a 16 XLT(no synch) w/10k for $16,400 w/all remaining warranties ..many mods going on,power ports,shorepower,inverter and more..no sunglasses rack yet.;)

Edited by Willygee
spelling

Thanks for the kind welcome. I was measuring space in the back and it looks like I should be able to fit in a full sized mattress. I'm planning on removing the interior wheel well molding and putting a locking box on the passenger side that will double as a couch and support a bed for a camper conversion. I really like the "driveability" of this little van. 

Welcome to the Forum and congrats on your new TC.

We love to see pics on this forum so please post away :camera:

There are some pics on some threads that show what's behind those rear side panels. I've debated doing that myself but it doesn't seem like you gain too much from doing so. Worth checking into though to see if it works for your needs. Keep us posted.