Ford Transit Connect Forum

Transmission Cooler

Has anyone had an after market cooler fitted to there 2010 ? .

If so ,could you please furnish info . .

I asked at Uhaul when I had my tow hitch put on and was told it already had a cooler ,so thats as far as that conversation went .

I know there would be a way to put one on after the stock , but I am not versed in such things ,so I am trying to get the best advise possible .

Thanks . Keith

I asked at Uhaul when I had my tow hitch put on and was told it already had a cooler ,so thats as far as that conversation went .

I know there would be a way to put one on after the stock , but I am not versed in such things ,so I am trying to get the best advise possible .

Thanks . Keith

Well, most automatics do have coolers of a sort. That is to say a tube carries transmission fluid through the radiator. But that is probably not the sort of supplemental cooler you meant.

If anyone sells an add-on cooler for this particular van, I am not aware of it. Of course, I haven't been looking for one either.

Thanks . Keith

Cabmeister, read the FSWerks Turbo string by SunnySmith in this same section. Sunny added a second trans cooler with the turbo upgrade.

Have you seen high transmission temperatures or are you just concerned? We added a second cooler out of prudence and the max temps I have seen are about 150 and that is flogging it with more power than it was designed.

No high Temps as far as I know ,have no way to measure . All seems normal but have concerns being in Florida ,just would like an additional cooler on for re-assurance .

It sort of put me off when I asked about it at Uhaul . Stuck at where to go for reliable service and advise ,especially with a new to market vehicle.

Keith

your Transit has a seperate Auto Trans oil cooling radiator -

not a flow tru the coolent radiator.

and it has a motor oil 'cooler' which is the oil filter head,

with engine coolent circulating. More of a heat transfer

device for quicker oil/coolent warm-up - for optimun

motor emission temp regulation than pure 'cooler'

19Honda.jpg

Edited by cdiesel