Ford Transit Connect Forum

3rd Row Seats

denise

Ford will not put another row into the Transit Connect for law suit reasons. They did not test for this. You could buy another 2nd row seats with the brackets from Ford Motor Co. and get an outside company to bolt this in the cargo space (I have seen this done). As the second row seats do fold forward you can access them (a bit difficult though). But as the cargo space is about 1 foot higher, there will be less leg room.

Is it possible to add a 3rd row of seats. If so, how many seats will fit?

Denise, look at the Powertrain Tech/FSWERK string on the forum. Sunnysmith bought a Transit Connect fitted out as a limo and added a turbo. It is the limo part that may interest you. The Transit Connect has 3rd row seating. Same set of three across seating as the second row. The seats were mounted on a platform so leg room was not an issue. Head room also was not an issue. Contact Sunnysmith and see if he has any pictures of the interior he can post. The only one's I see are of the first and second row. Sunnysmith has been very helpfull in documenting all the work done on his Transit Connect.

• 7 months later...

Denise, look at the Powertrain Tech/FSWERK string on the forum. Sunnysmith bought a Transit Connect fitted out as a limo and added a turbo. It is the limo part that may interest you. The Transit Connect has 3rd row seating. Same set of three across seating as the second row. The seats were mounted on a platform so leg room was not an issue. Head room also was not an issue. Contact Sunnysmith and see if he has any pictures of the interior he can post. The only one's I see are of the first and second row. Sunnysmith has been very helpfull in documenting all the work done on his Transit Connect.

I too am interested in the "limo" option, turning this into a kind of fuel efficient people mover. But I'm wondering what are the insurance and liability implications of making a modification like that? Has anyone researched this at all?