• Custom Search

engineer

turn off or shorten duration lights are on

JRM223 and others,

I tried the Deactivating procedure this morning and it works!!   After following the program sequence all I have to do now is pull my light switch twice and the perimeter lights go off even with the doors open. I have a 2016 XLT wagon that I've converted to camping and the perimeter lights staying on was a major irritation. This forum is a gold mine - Thanks

After the dealership guy telling me that it can't be done, I also tried using Forscan and was unsuccessful.  Like some of the others in this thread, I am an amateur astronomer and go places where lights are not welcome.  I have a 2020 Transit Connect XLT.  I have a different style menu as I also have BCMii instead of BdyCM.  I looked everywhere for something that sounded like it was related to lighting.  I was willing to try all of them.  In IPC (Instrument Panel Control Module) I found Welcome Goodbye Backlighting and disabled it.  Nope, they still came on with door use.  I also found Police Car Dark Mode in the BCMii menu and enabled it.  As you guessed it, all external lights still pop on with door or hatch use.  I then decided I would look through the AS BUILT numbers looking for the elusive 726-01-08 xxxx xxxx xxxx.  I would risk changing whatever value was in the first x field to a 2 as others have had success with it.  I found my vehicle altogether lacks the entry.  On some good news, the changes I made have reduced the 10-minute duration of the external lighting to about 30 seconds and allows me to adjust the dashboard instrument cluster lighting to a lower level than was previously allowed, up to and including completely off.  Not the whole instrument cluster but most of it. My quest to control exterior lighting will continue.

I wouldn't accept delivery until the dealer turned off those approach lights. It's called dark mode. I found a pdf complete with step by step instructions, either on this site or another. Printed it out, handed it to the salesman, and said this needs to be done. 15 minutes later I was all set. Don't let them tell you it can't be done.