Ford Transit Connect Forum

Missing switch on overhead dome light

waxonstudio

I just bought a used 2011 Transit Connect, got it home, and realized the switch is missing between the reading lights above the dash. No switch, just a spring inside. Currently it must be switched to OFF because the cargo lights don't come on whether the doors are open or closed. 

I've searched the internet for a replacement but can't find one (so far). Anyone have any ideas? 

Thanks!

Thanks, mrtn. I see you're in the EU, I'm in the States, but maybe you can answer anyway: Tell me, how do I know if there's a Transit Connect of my year at a scrapyard ahead of time? What's the standard practice? Do I call ahead or just go out and wander around trying my luck? (Beginner question, I know)

I have used a website which is like a broker for scrapyards, I fill in my car make, model, year and the required part. They will make a query to all their partners and I will get and answer right away. It's a free service.

If you don't have such a service in your area then it's better to give them a call or visit their websites, usually they list all cars the have available as parts.