Ford Transit Connect Forum

i Started driving around within a 75mile rad from home looking at TC, i was surprised to see some left over 15 & 16 and one 14 on the lots, and the prices are high for the left overs, what becomes of these cars, what do dealers end up doing.

Chet

The '14 SWB we bought sat on the dealers lot for more than a year  -  The salesman said evidently nobody wanted a SWB as they has sold several LWB models during that year.  Eventually, the dealership titled and registered it and began using it as a loaner car for the service department when warranty or maintenance work was being done on a customer car.  After a year and 13,000 miles as a loaner, they put it on their used car lot and it didn't sell quickly there either.  By the time I found it (I was specifically looking for a while SWB XLT) they had already marked the price down a couple times and I made a deal, sight unseen over the Internet, to knock another $2,500 off their asking price.  We ended up getting it for a dollar a mile off the sticker for the 13,000 miles it had on it

I'm sure they got money from Ford every time it was used as a loaner  -  Wouldn't surprise me if they didn't get close to a dollar a mile  -  We were very happy to find exactly what we were looking for and at a price we were quite pleased with

Don