Ford Transit Connect Forum

Dealer installed tow package

My TC wasn't optioned with the tow package.  I'm having the dealer install the OEM hitch.  Generally vehicles equipped with a factory installed tow package also have an additional transmission cooler to handle the increased heat.  Does anyone know if TC's have this cooler from the factory?

Thanks in advance!

No extra transmission cooling. Probably due to the relatively low towing capacity.

The factory tow package also includes a trailer electronic module that communicates the status of trailer lights and also activates some special anti sway safely programming. Do you know if this was included in the dealer's install?

You need both of these Ford Accessories for the full tow hookup. Hitch and wiring kit are seperate. I had it done on my 2015 as part of the purchase deal.

https://accessories.ford.com/vehicles/transit-connect/2017/exterior/trailer-towing.html

One note: the hitch replaces the stock rear bumper support. So if you think you'll ever remove the hitch, make sure to get the removed bumper support returned to you after the install. I didn't find out that part until several weeks after the job, so my bumper support was long gone. I don't plan to remove the hitch, but it would be nice to have the parts if needed.