r1alvin

2016 TC XLT LWB Wagon Project Mtn. Biker/Dog Hauler/Camper

1 hour ago, r1alvin said:

Go to page 1 of this thread and about 4 or 5 posts down there is a photo where you can see part of it.

Do you mean the black cap on the van floor in the foreground of this photo?  Or something else?  I can't see any other opening anywhere else in the photos.

21427422_10214178734451709_4680529255674556141_o.jpg

Incidentally, thanks for the photos showing the passenger seat can be folded flat.  I got my used 2014 TC LWB without a manual (supposedly, the dealer has requested one for me and will be sending it), and I didn't realize you could do that.  Now mine looks like yours.  It makes a nice table when you're eating in the car!

3 hours ago, CarlaCB said:

Do you mean the black cap on the van floor in the foreground of this photo?  Or something else?  I can't see any other opening anywhere else in the photos.

On the bottom right of the photo below, behind the wheel well is the rubber plug:

18278986_10212917941372670_7171748683487229658_o.jpg

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, CarlaCB said:

Incidentally, thanks for the photos showing the passenger seat can be folded flat.  I got my used 2014 TC LWB without a manual (supposedly, the dealer has requested one for me and will be sending it), and I didn't realize you could do that.  Now mine looks like yours.  It makes a nice table when you're eating in the car!

CarlaCB,

You can download a PDF Owner's Manual from Ford using the link below

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/Catalog/owner_information/2014-transitconnect-owner-manual-version-1_EN-US_11_2013.pdf

Edited by windguy

Posted (edited)

@CarlaCB - See the pics below showing the plug circled in red. I think this is what r1alvin is referring to.

My van has a wire going through this plug. I think it's for the factory trailer hitch harness.

My van is a 2015 Cargo model and r1alvin's is a wagon model.

TC Drain Plug 01.jpg

TC Drain Plug 02.jpg

Edited by windguy

@r1alvin - thanks for the update and videos. Sorry your water tank box got messed up. It was pretty sweet looking.

Inspired by you and another poster (can't remember name), I put together a small self contained and portable shower kit that's in an milk crate.

After using the shower I turn the pump switch off and bleed the pressure of the spigot (just a little squirt comes out) and I haven't had a problem with any leaking or accidental turn-ons.

Hope your new setup works out okay. Good luck!

Thank you guys so much!  I took out all my seats but not my carpeting, and I didn't check for anything under the carpet.  Today I will.  I have the factory installed hitch so if that's where the wires go, I won't be able to use the hole for anything else (e.g. shower drain).  Thanks a million!!!