Ford Transit Connect Forum

Greetings from Huntington Beach California

samichlaus

Very happy to have discovered this forum, really been enjoying it.  I'm on the market a TC, an XLT LWB cargo probably makes the most sense.  Seeing owner mods is really interesting.  Currently driving a Tacoma.  In my spare time I enjoy BBQ, bulldogs, old trucks, antique radios and annoying my wife.  

Welcome to the group......

I am new here as well but I have already received some good insights.

I own two TC (2011 ans 2012) and use them for business....Restaurant, catering, delivery and food truck. You would probably be looking for a more recent issue which is likely a good idea. One of the things I have come to grips with is the fact that the 2011-2012 have some annoying shortcomings. I don't regret buying these truck because I got them for a song. I just could have been better prepared.

So it would serve you to familiarize yourself with the features of each marque. And this is a fabulous place to do it.

Welcome.

I loved my 2006 van and like my 2012 wagon a lot. The only shortcomings I see is the "truckish" feel compared to the new body. Also missing cruise control and some weak bits such as wheel bearings, rear brakes and steering rack.

Both generations look the best of vans. Haven't driven the gasoline automatic so don't know about that.

I like "mrtns" comments better than mine.....I may have come across as overly critical.

In truth I would buy another one of these trucks in a minute. In fact I will be in the market in about six months and I will actively seek to get another 2010 to 2013 TC. They are serving me well as a business asset.