• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
kdkool

Installing the OEM Myford Touch Sync2 system

On 11/13/2018 at 4:18 PM, kdkool said:

You have to program the RCM unit to enable 911 emergency assist. 

For anyone else reading this thread, this is NOT the correct way to do this. There's a bit on the APIM config block that you need to flip to make this work correctly. The bit controls what message ID the APIM is looking at for 911 Assist. This is what I meant above by different architectures; it has nothing to do with HS/MS/ICAN, but rather what IDs are used to transmit various messages on the bus. While flipping these bits in the RCM may have made the nag go away, this probably will result in message collisions on the bus. Definitely don't expect SYNC to call 911 if you get into an accident.

My van came stock with SYNC2 (which I promptly swapped for SYNC3). If anyone looking to do a similar conversion wants to know what a proper APIM config block looks like, feel free to PM me. The RCM controls the airbags, you really shouldn't be messing with it.

On 11/13/2018 at 4:18 PM, kdkool said:

You have to program the RCM unit to enable 911 emergency assist. 

For anyone else reading this thread, this is NOT the correct way to do this. There's a bit on the APIM config block that you need to flip to make this work correctly. The bit controls what message ID the APIM is looking at for 911 Assist. This is what I meant above by different architectures; it has nothing to do with HS/MS/ICAN, but rather what IDs are used to transmit various messages on the bus. While flipping these bits in the RCM may have made the nag go away, this probably will result in message collisions on the bus. Definitely don't expect SYNC to call 911 if you get into an accident.

My van came stock with SYNC2 (which I promptly swapped for SYNC3). If anyone looking to do a similar conversion wants to know what a proper APIM config block looks like, feel free to PM me. The RCM controls the airbags, you really shouldn't be messing with it.