Ford Transit Connect Forum

Retirement Road Trip Connect

On 10/1/2019 at 6:27 PM, glennwelch said:

My question. I think my trip odometer resets to 0 at 2000 miles. Might this be a "feature" or a bug ? Thanks.

That's an interesting observation. I reset mine at every gas fill-up, even though I no longer keep a log book of my fuel mileage, so it's never gone past a few hundred miles for me. You did a pretty awesome build, though! 

Thanks JRM, it worked out pretty well, even after being used.  Some older posts (2010) on other forums said this, so seems likely that is what mine is doing. " i have a problem with the odometer of a Ford Transit van 2008, the goes up to 2000 KM then resets itself to zero

On 10/1/2019 at 4:27 PM, glennwelch said:

My question. I think my trip odometer resets to 0 at 2000 miles. Might this be a "feature" or a bug ? Thanks.

I noticed this too. I took a 3000 mile road trip back in 2017 and set the trip odometer so I could see how far I've gone. About a half way into the trip I noticed the trip odometer reset itself. I have no idea where the cutoff was, but it definitely has a certain mileage where it resets itself. There is probably a reason for it, but I do not know.

• 9 months later...

A few tweaks, these projects are never done.

I like these fans for sleeping, added an arm to adjust angle to the back of my head while driving.  Nice breeze that way.

I added a larger DC-DC charger for my solar batteries and relocated the alt or solar supply switch so reachable while driving.

New tires, Michelyn X Ice, better (much) in snow.  Also added a switch to stop traction control circuit (open fuse) if spinning.

Added trailer lights, pulls my canoe trailer very easily.

The little after market outdoor temp and bat voltage display works nicely.

Hoping to do a 2nd long road trip this winter...we'll see...the ice maker still works !

display.jpg

fan_chgr.jpg

icemaker.jpg

switch.jpg

trailer.jpg