Ford Transit Connect Forum

Door open alarm

Just bought a 2012 TC (my second TC) and it has an intermittent electrical (I assume) problem.

Even though the doors are closed, I get an intermittent alert on the dash indicating one of the doors is open (Red icon and audible alarm). All of the plunger switches seem to be working. Doors are tight. Alert occurs intermittently as often as every three seconds. Seems to steady out when the truck is rolling on a highway. Truck is back at the dealership now and the mechanic is likely stumped.

I have four alternatives:

1. Accept the truck the way it is an let the alerts drive me crazy.

2. Have the alert disabled (I think I know when the doors are open.)

3. Turn the truck back to the dealer and get my money back. (I don't want to do this because I got a great deal on it. Next closest deal was twice the money.)

4. Let the mechanic fiddle with the truck which I am reluctant to do since I need it or let the dealer pay for an auto electrical expert fiddle with it, which I think they w\ill be reluctant to do since there was very little margin on the deal.)

So the questions:

Has anyone seen this problem and is there a common fix?

Is there an easy way to disable the "door ajar" alert?

10 hours ago, Doc Hoy said:

3. Turn the truck back to the dealer and get my money back. (I don't want to do this because I got a great deal on it. Next closest deal was twice the money.)

Use this situation to leverage an even better deal on a newer model with less miles.  Or even flip this into a brand new car.

Got my truck back from the dealer fixed. Didn't charge me anything which was their commitment to me. Told me that at assembly, a body screw went through a wire harness. Didn't show me which one or where it was apart from telling me it was at the body cowl. Problem is completely solved.

You may recall that I also had tire pressure alert on the dash. That has straightened itself out on its own.