Ford Transit Connect Forum

Factory service manual and wiring diagrams

I found a source for the TC service manual and wiring diagrams on one of the Ford forums (maybe here?)

https://www.factory-manuals.com/

I purchased the 2016 TC manual for about $70. It is a 7000+ page .pdf file.  The manual appears to be a .pdf version of the Ford service software. The manual vendor gives  you a printout of your TC configuration based on the VIN. 

The manual is very detailed and somewhat "bulky".  The table of contents is too generic (section1, section 2 etc instead of names like lights, horn etc.)  and appears to have lost the specific tags that may have been in the original application. The "hot links" in the manual don't work (e.g. section 43.5 will be in bold font and you should be able to click on it to jump to that section). There are thousands of pages of trouble shooting tables. It takes a while to browse each section to the overall layout. The manual explains how each component works and also explains some of the programming in the ECU. For example, did you know there is an aux electrical heater for the cabin heat that turns on when the ambient temperature is less than 48 deg F and the heater turned to max? The location of every plastic tab on the panels are shown in 3-D color diagrams.  Overall I am very satisfied with the manual.  

The wiring diagrams are in color and are exactly what I was looking for.  The section on the configuration of each electrical connector is missing but the wiring diagram identifies the pin number for each wire on a connector.

You can make unlimited copies of the .pdf file. Something "bad" is supposed to happen if you share the file. The site appears to be legit and I think it was $70 well spent.  

28 minutes ago, Don Ridley said:

You can make unlimited copies of the .pdf file. Something "bad" is supposed to happen if you share the file.

The file is probably digitally "watermarked" with your personal details so they can backtrack it to the original buyer.

• 2 years later...

It appears they now offer a "Deluxe Edition" with live hyperlinks, for $130:

" DeLuxe Edition contain the same manual, but is full operational with hyperlinks (Interactive pdf), bookmarks detailed on three steps and also have the connector details. "

I'm about to give that a try and see how it works... 7000 pages without links sounds like a barely better-than-nothing option, especially in a cold garage on my dim beater laptop.  

I appreciate this being a PDF... I had scarring experiences with e-manuals and swore to only buy paper at one point, but naturally that's not a sustainable stance these days.  One was with a skeevy aftermarket copy of the VW ETKA manual, and one with an expensive fully-authorized Bentley manual, that Bentley outrageously failed to support on the next release of Windows.

I just went too the web site and would be interested to see how the deluxe edition and the hyperlinks work.

The reg edition is very useful and has a good index . I have a printer so if  i am working on something I print the diagram.

• 1 month later...

I purchased the factory service manual from the official source, https://www.helminc.com

As far as a product it's pretty good and filled with lots of info. However the "official" source has one major super pain in the ass. The disk that came in the mail has a system called Securom which is a DRM protections system that is normally found only in video games. Because of this I can't use the product on the Mac(It would normally run on mac using wine). I was forced to put together an ancient pc out of various spare parts I had laying around and install win 7 to view the service manual. Yuck, what a pain in the ass.

• 1 year later...

I purchased one from emanualonline.com. For $13 I thought it was worth a shot since I just need a few things like strut removal instructions. DON'T get it, doesn't work. It makes you launch some kind of virtual machine (oracle software), and then tries to launch a virtual instance of windows, which can't load. This is after it took forever to download and install. Asking for a refund. 

Going for the $70 factory-manuals one now.