Ford Transit Connect Forum

• 3 months later...

A must have lubricant for your slide out. I apply Camco Slide-Out Lube twice a year. It protects the membrane that seals you RV and slide out from rain, U.V., etc.. It also promotes a nice quiet movement when you are extending or retracting your slide.
I don't go to much trouble prepping the weatherstripping. A simple wash job , allow to dry, spray on lubricant and let it soak in.

Edited by Gary Roe

• 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...

It's a part of the algorithm of the intelligent oil life monitor.  Even if you barely drive it, the car's computer wants you to change the oil after a year.  Maybe the oil isn't really burnt or contaminated.  The additive package has not been depleted.  You still have condensation.  A little water sludge, which probably would have burnt off if you were driving the car more.  

I just ordered some oil on Amazon.  A 6 gallon box.  Only $60.  What did it cost them to ship a 6 gallon box of oil, and the customer gets free shipping?

I'm reading, "See pennzoil.com/warrnty for details"

Whatever those details are, I don't know.  I haven't read it.  Nor am I going to read it.  I am pretty sure that one of the conditions of the "warranty" is using only Pennzoil products.  And most people will either trade the car in, or sell it, well before 500,000 miles.  I would say "good luck" with trying to get them to honor the warranty.  More than likely, there's enough fine print for them to not honor the warranty, or prorate the warranty. 

Imagine if you bought a car back in 2007.  Okay, my F-150 is an 07.  The cost of buying a replacement engine, is $2,627.  I would imagine labor being another $XXX, depending on whatever a local shop charges for labor.  Somehow, I'm not motivated by that "warranty".  My truck has used everything from very expensive boutique brands, to the lowest price oil from WalMart & Amazon, and whatever it is that they use at discount lube shops.  I've spent over $20 on a filter, and less than $2 on a filter.  The truck runs fine.  I noticed no gains or setbacks, from high priced oil to low priced oil.  I see no advantage to being loyal to any brand or formulation.