Ford Transit Connect Forum

2014 - 2016 Stainless Grille Dress Up Kit

Beta Don

• 2 weeks later...

A question for our European owners  -  I'm assuming this picture is of a euro model because of the front license plate

http://www.eurocampers.com/2014--2016-Ford-Transit-Connect-4pc-Chrome-Grille-Accent-Kit_p_1699.html

Does anyone know if the uppermost grille bar without the Ford emblem is available from dealers anywhere in Europe?  I would sure like to find me a source for the part  -  I think the front end looks so much better without that HUGE Ford emblem

Don

Well, since nobody else was in any hurry to order this kit, I bought it and installed it.  Looks pretty nice, IMO

I think that massive faux 'bumper' in the middle would look better with a Euro license plate there  -  Think that will be my next addition.  It's obviously the same bumper used on the Euro models . . . . there's a 21" recess there and the Euro tags are 20" long

Don

P1000298.jpg

Edited by Beta Don

No  -  No front plate required in Mississippi.  As a plus, we can stick *anything* we like on the front where the plate would go, so I ordered me a German license plate "14 TC XLT" to go there.  I'll post a picture when it comes in and I get it installed

The stainless grille pieces are high quality and look much better in person than they do in n the picture.  They install with double faced tape and they include a 'primer' to rub on the plastic to make them stick better.  I think they're on there permanently  -  It would be next to impossible to get them off without bending them

I agree they could have done half a dozen things to make the front end look better  -  The basic style is similar to the Ford cars, but the way they implemented in on the TC makes it look like a cheap truck, at least to me.  If you have an XL work van where half the front end is all black, the grill doesn't look as out of place as it does on an XLT where the bumper cover is the same color as the rest of the van

Still waiting on a few pieces to install my new Fog/DRL combination lights.  We're going to Gatlinburg for a week, so the install will be after that

Don 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I like it. Naturally, they seem to have discontinued it. Some days I think it is a conspiracy.

Been trying to figure out how to get rid of some of the black on the cargo model in the front & back. Not all, just some. The idea being to give the impression of bumpers. The back is easy enough but the front...........not so much. Now I know that most people seem to want to get RID of bumpers, not add them.

• 2 months later...
On 11/7/2016 at 3:40 PM, Beta Don said:

Well, ordinarily I'm not a big fan of front plates on cars . . . . but in this case, I think it looks better with it than without  :love_shower:

What do you guys think?

Don

P1000301A.jpg

How did you attach the plate to the bumper, some kind of double sided tape or something else?

Yes, it's double sided tape.  The grille kit came with tape and a 'cleaning agent' which makes it stick to the plastic much better so I used some of that to clean the bumper and I had some 3M double sided tape I bought for a project on my boat and I used two full length strips of that on the license plate.  I'll probably never be able to get it off without destroying it, but I really didn't want to drill any holes

Don