Ford Transit Connect Forum

Sliding Doors Don't unlock

I am having a problem with my sliding doors not unlocking.  It started with the Drivers Side Door but now the Passenger Side is also not unlocking.  I disabled the drivers side by removing the contacts but I don't really want to do that to the other door.  When I press the unlock on the keyfob, the locking mechanism doesn't respond.  It seems to be an intermittent problem.  Anyone got a idea of how to fix it?

It could be a number of issues.  I am guessing that your remote is unlocking the other doors when you press the unlock button.  We can assume that the remote is working.  What happens when you press the remote to lock the van?  Do the doors lock?  There could be an issue with the van's Body Control Module computer.  Or the lock and mechanism is worn.  As years go by, the opening and closing, plus locking and unlocking, creates wear and tear.  Sometimes, it's wiring.  Take the door apart.  Check the lock.  Inspect the wiring, look for shorts, broken connections, and poor grounding.  

My sliding door lock was really lazy in cold. Did not work at all below -20°C (-4°F).

Also, there have been several reports of sliding door remote lock/unlock acting up. My central locking control module was failing to the point where the alarm installer rewired everything to make the fob work.

I'm guessing that your 2010 is currently out of warranty.  Here in Cali, and perhaps the rest of The USA, some dealers will advocate on your behalf for the manufacturer to perform an "after warranty adjustment" service.  In some states, it's written into law.  Talk to your dealer about a "good will" repair.  Perhaps inquire with the NHTSA to see if this is a safety concern, which could force a recall.