Ford Transit Connect Forum

Anoying Rattles

tcconvert

Well, just over 1000 miles and already the rattles are showing up in my van. Sounds like the sliding doors but hard to pin down while driving. In the 1980's I had a nice, full size Ford window van that was pretty quiet. This is my second van, and it's not! Is it typical of these vans to exhibit rattles in the area of the sliding doors? The fit of the doors when closed seems pretty tight, but maybe they bounce around in the body?

• 2 years later...

• 1 month later...

I need to lubricate the door slides, but that's not the rattling and squeaking I'm getting.  There's a bit of klunking coming from the sliding doors, and a weird squeak from the rear axle under braking first thing in the morning.  Maybe the brakes are an issue for that second one.  There's also an assortment of light plastic buzzes and rattles from the dashboard, but I really can't complain too much about that kind of thing from an eight year old commercial vehicle.

• 3 weeks later...