• Custom Search

Osco

Hit by Lightening at 60 mph

Sounds like you are well on the way back to having a good TC.  The under car faring must help the TC a lot because Ford would not install something that the owner can't see and would not ask for .   The Rear shocks should be an easy fix if you are handy.  Shockware house has good prices.

My Transit Is just fine now and that big fiberboard lower chassis cover under the engine Ford Lost has been replaced with a brand new one free of charge.

The new rear shocks are on and handling Is much Improved, Must have need to replace them sooner.

The best part Is I am changing jobs this month and where I used to drive 1500 to 1900 miles a week before the lightening strike I will work locally.

I will work four to five shifts a week driving only 100-150 miles a week plus the Mustang Is now paid for and the Transit has only 73,000 miles and should last me along time. I no longer actually need the Transit but It will still be perfect because It Is now My official mountain bike hauler :P

Hanging bikes on the back of the Mustang Is just wrong In so many ways :P

Awesome!. Congratulations!!  :thumbsup::clapping:

And yes.. a bike rack on a Mustang is just wrong.

Tiller

Remember me ?

My Droid is now at 105,000 miles, I'm retired and have moved to the Smoky mountains.

I finally had to repair something, the driver side door latch, and they did the sliding door recall fix what ever that was I don't know 😛

So !

105,000 miles, 

BLASTED by a lightning strike,

with only two other repairs in the life of this minivan,

Before the strike a $225 A/C temp control thermostat, 

and just now a door latch $364, both dealer repaired.....

I'd call that a very reliable vehicle.

I think I'll get the transmission and the cooling system flushed

Good idea.  Don't wait on it.  Especially the transmission.  Although you never really hear of it, the coolant is important.  You don't want electrolysis in the cooling system.

The vehicle that got hit was it a TC or a regular Transit ?  If it was a TC was it a 2nd generation, didn't see it mentioned in your first post .

Posted (edited)
On 3/16/2019 at 1:43 AM, herb said:

The vehicle that got hit was it a TC or a regular Transit ?  If it was a TC was it a 2nd generation, didn't see it mentioned in your first post .

2015 LWB XLT 2.5 engine

1st gens had a 2.0 Liter engine I think..

Edited by Osco