Ford Transit Connect Forum

[Thread Relocation] Foot Board Storage Options

Note: In an attempt to not hijack others threads I thought it best to remove my post from those threads and create a separate area for all to post their foot board storage ideas or modifications.

Hey @gargman

Right there with you and more power to you. But I know a fellow who has a shop in NC also we could be talking about the same place. Although my wife's company has a fab shop also, they just don't have the tame to do a project like this because I've already asked them.

Originally, I approached several companies about a interior side wall storage system and one company stood out. he's willing to do it.. But due to finances and refocusing of projects, we've had to hold off on the side walls storage.. But the floor storage is a better idea and could be more within reach.

If you can get your contacts to fab up a storage system for that space which can hold a small 2 ton floor jack and a few other odds and end, yet not much trouble to open this or even can be locked and still retain the level surface when closed, this would be great and I'm in with you on this.

Let me know what you come up with.

The Toyota box goes under the second seat and not in the foot well.  There is a box for the Chev HHR that looks to do what you guy,s want to do, you should check that one out!

The bolt in floor extension is only for the US TC's . The floor extension is welded in everywhere else. Ford Motor is not spending any time on what to do with that space.

Good photo of the HHR unit, The split Lids could make modification to fit easier  but if you do not like the look then you will still have to search.

Cutting a welded unit out , it will be harder than you think. Yours will be bolted so you are in luck.

Ford still won't spend any time on the space.

If it were not for the tariff  All of the work vans would have a welded extension.