Ford Transit Connect Forum

changing front seats

dakarman

• 3 months later...

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Actually, anything that provides ample leg room feels comfortable to me.

I find it helps on a very long trip to periodically change the seat height and the angle of the back. No one place is perfect for me, but the change always feels good.

• 1 year later...

Speaking of changing the front seats. I have seen pictures, of UK/European Transit Connect models, where the passenger seat (left side) folded down flat. This was in conjunction with a wire-mesh cage that partitioned the cargo area from the front. The left most 30-40% of the partition was hinged, and would swing forward, so that it stopped just to the left of the gear shift. This allows long cargo items to extend all the way from the rear doors to the dash. I wonder if that seat (the UK version) is interchangeable with the right side passenger seat on the US model.

• 2 months later...

Speaking of changing the front seats. I have seen pictures, of UK/European Transit Connect models, where the passenger seat (left side) folded down flat. This was in conjunction with a wire-mesh cage that partitioned the cargo area from the front. The left most 30-40% of the partition was hinged, and would swing forward, so that it stopped just to the left of the gear shift. This allows long cargo items to extend all the way from the rear doors to the dash. I wonder if that seat (the UK version) is interchangeable with the right side passenger seat on the US model.

the 2014 TC has a folding down passenger seat

• 3 weeks later...

I have been wanting to change the driver's seat in my 2010 TC. I have some spare MKI Focus seats sitting around and thought I could use them. The mounting point dimensions are close enough to work but there are other problems making it impossible to use them easily.

The TC driver's seat has 3 connections to the SRS (restraint system), seatbelt receiver, side air bag, and a seat position sensor for the smart airbag. The seatbelt receiver could probably be switched over to another seat. The side airbag can be replaced with a simulator (some resistors). But the seat position sensor would be difficult to transfer in that it is used to measure how far the seat is from the steering wheel airbag to vary its force.

All three of these sensors must be working or simulated for the rest of the SRS system (steering wheel and passenger airbag) to work.

The only solution I can think of is to use a bottom mount aftermarket seat on the TC base. You would have to use a simulator to replace the side airbag but the seatbelt receiver and seat position sensor would still be original.

• 3 years later...