Ford Transit Connect Forum

Storage compartment above instrument cluster?

montizano

It seems in Europe there is a compartment located under the visor above the instrument cluster. Looking at my (new swb ecoboost) 2016 connect it looks like the compartment is still there, but not accessible. Does anyone know how to "enable" this?

thanks!

Monti

• 2 weeks later...

I'm confused. Is this a compartment on the dashboard or overhead? I know you said we don't have it in the US, but I'm just curious where it would be.

We do get a very useless storage bin on the dashboard on the passenger side.

I saw a picture in the Uk site. I assume the one in your rig is the same.

Because it is not avaliable here the parts book we see does not have it

Can you get the parts break down on your ford site?

Wow that's really cool! I hope someone figures out the parts necessary for the conversion. Typically the reason why one country gets the cool features and the US doesn't is LAWYERS. They probably said, "well, someone in Florida is going to open this while driving and obstruct their view, let's take it away from everyone".

Now that's a sweet little cubby! I'm thinking that the best way to make sure you get all the necessary parts is to import an entire dash from a EU-spec Transit wreck that has the cubby dash and then swap over the parts required to the US-spec one. Obviously, we can't just drop the whole EU dash in, since they're RHD. Unfortunately, that'd cost a few real pretty pennies shipping a whole dash over here...

Not exactly:

Transit Connect is a compact cargo van

Transit Connect Kombi is a lower/mid trim level variant with seats of various configurations

Tourneo Connect is a passenger van version with a liftgate and mid-high trim level Titanium), various interior color combos.

Transit Custom is a midsize van/m inibus up to 9 passengers or a big cargo space.

Transit is a full size cargo or passenger van/bus

Not exactly:

Transit Connect is a compact cargo van

Transit Connect Kombi is a lower/mid trim level variant with seats of various configurations

Tourneo Connect is a passenger van version with a liftgate and mid-high trim level Titanium), various interior color combos.

Transit Custom is a midsize van/m inibus up to 9 passengers or a big cargo space.

Transit is a full size cargo or passenger van/bus

Dude, do you have any reading comprehension skills at all?? I said on this side of the pond, meaning in the USA, the 'small' ones are BOTH Transit Connect, it doesn't matter if it's a panel cargo van or a windowed/glazed passenger wagon. IN THE USA, they are both Transit Connect. Where in any of my statements did I say anything about the EU? Nowhere. Over here, big ones are Transit 150, 250 & 350 depending on weight-capacity, but regardless of cargo or passenger version. As wacky as that LostInTransit guy was awhile back, now I see why he was always complaining about you.

jrm223, the side of the pond or LostInTransit's psychosis has no significance here. Transit Custom does not exist in the US and number of seats is irrelevant. I know you mixed up Transit/Tourneo Connect and try to resolve it with a meaningless attack when I explained the difference in detail.

• 3 months later...
On 6/14/2016 at 7:46 PM, DapperVan said:

Wow that's really cool! I hope someone figures out the parts necessary for the conversion. Typically the reason why one country gets the cool features and the US doesn't is LAWYERS. They probably said, "well, someone in Florida is going to open this while driving and obstruct their view, let's take it away from everyone".

Probably for liability - I agree. 

I haven't found a use for it to be honest, but here are Some pictures from my German Tourneo Connect. 

IMG_0127.JPG

IMG_0142.JPG

• 2 months later...