Ford Transit Connect Forum

Figured something out on accident! Roll windows down with factory remote!

So my gf who was driving my 2016 TC XLT LWB Wagon told me that she pressed the unlock button on the remote and held it down in a daze after she got off work... She then tells me all the windows roll down... I didn't know the van had that feature... Thought I'd share it with you guys...

Upon me messing with my remote on my key, I noticed that you need to press the unlock button twice and hold it for about 4 seconds, then release it... Both front and sliding doors roll all the way down... I tried messing with it some more to see if they could roll up by pressing and holding the lock button but wasn't able to get anything...

I know some of the Lexus and Infiniti cars have that feature in there remote but never knew Ford did also...

It's called Global Opening and Closing. It's on page 75 of my 2015 manual.

To open all the windows:
1. Press and release the remote control unlock button.

2. Press and hold the remote control unlock button for at least three seconds.
Press the lock or unlock button to stop the opening function.

To close all the windows:

1. Press and hold the remote control lock button for at least three seconds.

Press the lock or unlock button to stop the closing function.

To open all the windows:

Cool, thanks Don! I skimmed through the literature but didn't take notice of that...

Which remote fob are you using?

I have this key with remote:

rBVaGFUvsbaAEC7XAAENyMwCNws616.jpg

My key looks like this...

$_35.JPG?set_id=2

To open all the windows:

So I tried it and Yes, I can stop the windows rolling down where I want it...... But I can't get them to roll back up.... Doesn't matter how much I play with the remote.... It would be nice to get it to roll back up though...

Same here. All these extra features say (If Equipped) and except for the ones that are paid options listed on the window sticker there's no documentation on which are or are not installed/enabled. The up feature also requires a bounce-back feature, presumably for safety to prevent closing against an obstruction like a person's hand or head. Instructions are on page 74 for overriding and resetting this feature. I haven't bothered to try it on mine since except for trying it once when I read it in the manual, I don't use these features.

So my gf who was driving my 2016 TC XLT LWB Wagon told me that she pressed the unlock button on the remote and held it down in a daze after she got off work... She then tells me all the windows roll down... I didn't know the van had that feature... Thought I'd share it with you guys...

Upon me messing with my remote on my key, I noticed that you need to press the unlock button twice and hold it for about 4 seconds, then release it... Both front and sliding doors roll all the way down... I tried messing with it some more to see if they could roll up by pressing and holding the lock button but wasn't able to get anything...

I know some of the Lexus and Infiniti cars have that feature in there remote but never knew Ford did also...

I have the same remote as you for my 2016 XLT SWB. This doesn't work on my van. Nothing happens.

I just tested it, and I have the universal down on my 2015 TC Titanium LWB, but the universal up doesn't work. I even tried resetting the one touch up feature per the manual, didn't work.

I wonder why Ford would equip a car with the universal down, but not up. I would think it would be a both or none thing.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My 2014 XLT has the 'Global Down' or at least I thought it did, but it's not listed on ETIS, so I don't really have it.  My windows do go down using the remote, but they don't go back up.  If you have this option, the owners manual says you can turn it on or off using the information display and that's not functioning either

While I had it at the dealer for a warranty repair, I showed them how my global down worked and explained that I didn't see any real need for that feature, but I complained that the Global Up which I really could make use of didn't function and asked them to fix it.  I think they wasted about half a day trying to switch it on with their computer and in the end, the answer was . . . . if your van didn't come with that option (and ETIS says mine didn't) then they can't do anything for you

Don

Edited by Beta Don

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing that there isn't a way to access the Body Control Module and change things like that.  Since you can remap most engines, and change transmission shift points, on most cars.  It would be cool to be able to program your signal lights to wig-wag.

• 1 month later...

Good thought!  -  It may be more useful than I thought

I would *bet* that all sorts of things really *are* programmable, but 98% of the techs in our dealerships just don't know how and aren't really interested in learning.  My passenger window would only roll up or down about an inch and a half with each press of the button when I bought it used  -  It took 6 or 7 presses to roll all the way down or back up.  Took it in and the dealer diagnosed it as a defective window motor.  They ordered the motor (took 2 days) and replaced it . . . . same problem!  They did eventually fix the problem which I suspect required several phone calls to a 'higher authority' to learn how to reprogram something

Don

Edited by Beta Don