Ford Transit Connect Forum

Aftermarket Speaker question

I am trying to upgrading the door speakers in my 2015 TC Cargo and am wondering if there is a wiring harness out there that would make my life easier connecting these Rockford Fosgates? I see there is one for the 2010-12 from Metra (72-5600) but Crutchfield says they will not work on the newer models of TC. Having zero electronic experience I'd rather not cut this harness if I don't have to.

Any suggestions?

Also, I see there is a small section of a Dynamat-like sound deadener in the door. Not much enough to be worth anything. Does anyone recommend that I add some Dynamat (or other brand) to the inside while I have the door panels off already?

On things like connecting speakers I like to solder the connections so they stay right. I can't stand a loose speaker connection and the price of a soldering iron shouldn't be much different than buying a wireing harness. Check out u tube for instructions in how to do it.

I'm going to replace the factory speakers with some infinity's in a few days so I can report back after I've done it with my observations. I've got some dynamat-like material I could use on the door too. I've got a hearing problem and tend to listen to my music LOUD!!! So would like something to reduce the sound from escaping the vehicle.

This topic has been beaten to death here.

Rules of thumb:

1. solder all door connections if you don't care to redo plugs

2. stick PLENTY of sound deadening mat in the the doors, also anchor the outer sheetmetal to the collision beam, total mat layers 2..4 layers

3. after sound deadening spray rust prevention wax in the bottom of the doors until it starts dripping out from the drain holes.

Thank you for the advice. Sorry if I missed the threads about this... I swear I did plenty of searches.

Anyhow, I finally was able to figure out the mounting bracket that Crutchfield gave me with my 6.5" Rockfords and I decided to clip the harness (even though Metra emailed me the correct item# 72-5602). Also, I added some dynamat to the door but I read that only covering 25-40% of the inside of your door gives you the best results. Not sure what the reasoning is behind that. But I put about a piece above the door brace and one below.

I watched plenty of soldering videos and I think I am ready to go. I'll give it a shot today. Thanks again.

post-5600-0-86763100-1464277845_thumb.jp

post-5600-0-92420200-1464277859_thumb.jp