Ford Transit Connect Forum

Ford EcoMode: Anticipication vs Speed

I can't for the life of me find any documentation on this option. It's on the driver's display menu to the right of the average mpg. You can change it from Anticipation to Speed, but from all the research I have done it seems this is only a "display feedback" gimmick that shows green leaves on a display...however the Transit Connect does not have this display! So why does it have settings? It says to refer to the manual, but guess what? No info on it in the manual.

40 years ago JC Whitney Use to sell a Color coded Vacuum gauge that mounts on the Dash board and when you put your foot into it hard it would go to Red as the Throttle opened , Showing you that you were using more gas. When you took your foot off the gas it would return to the green zone. It was Called the Econo Meter! This is the up dated version.

Nice to see that things do not change as much as you would think. It also shows that Gimmicks that make you think you are saving gas are not new and are not going away.

Edited by G B L

Honda also has one that goes from mellow green to dark blue I think. Not sure if it goes red. It illuminates the outer rim of the mid mounted tach. Like a glow.

Toyota has a green "eco" led in the dash that either stays on or goes off when accelerating hard or shifting manually and stay in gear for too long.