Sign in to follow this  
mrtn

1.6 Ecoboost van, 90% ready to pull the trigger

You might find a lot of things work just a little better with the new battery.

How did the injectors clean up.

Still not done. Probably next week. Scheduling issues.

Nope. Nope. Wasn't the injector fault. Next stop: high pressure pump.

Had the transmission flushed today at 84Mm. They said the fluid was pretty much baked. So if you do a lot of city driving and trailer towing, 50K miles is too long.

With what I have seen, with most cars that allegedly have weak transmissions like Honda's, is that most transmissions that fail also have contaminated fluid.  A lot of those trannies could have had a fighting chance, if the fluid was exchanged.

For the 6F35, the number I keep seeing is 30,000 miles.

On 8/15/2019 at 7:56 AM, mrtn said:

They said the fluid was pretty much baked.

Welcome to the 25000 club, mine was half baked at 25000. I am going to get to the fourth flush before Christmas and will see how the Triax fluid has held up.

Posted (edited)

I'm waiting to see how your Triax fluid holds up also.  Are you planning to send in a sample for used oil analysis?

My brother in law's Acura transmission went out.  A lot of people are aware that with Honda Acura, the transmissions are okay with the 4 cylinder engines, but not quite so strong with the extra power of a 6 cylinder engine.  I asked him about the transmission fluid.  He never serviced it.   Which is like most people who are sold a car with a lifetime transmission fluid.  

Edited by Fifty150

I will do the analysis as I pour it into the waste oil tank. The best thing i can do for this gear box is to make sure it has enough fluid and give it a scan for shift issues.