DapperVan

2014+ Lowering Springs

Yeah I might have to ream out the stock thru holes a tad. Hopefully not, but we'll see.

Hey just putting this out there. Eibach orderd 5 sets of the springs they used on the M-Sports in europe. That means there are 4 sets left when they come in any month now. (If they are men of their words) i will pass on the info when they come in if yall want. 

Just wanted to follow up. I never heard back from the guys at Eibach. reached out with many emails and contacted people I know that know him. ZERO customer service. I reached out to Eibach in Germany and they never responded too. Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up, I know mine was. I'm super let down and pissed. 

That being said I ordered a set from MYC.

I was planning on ordering lowering springs from Eibach for my other car. Screw them. Plenty of other suppliers available. 

Well I did the driveway install this weekend. It was my father’s day present to get some time to install the springs. What a pain to take the cowel apart and take the wipers out. 

Poweder coat or what ever they used on the springs was not evenly coated. But all in all seams okay. Rides a bit stiffer and seams to handle good. And the springs got here in 3 days. 

8D84AC4F-B65C-4E7B-B6D1-971124B51115.jpeg

Heh, just saw this pic in Facebook.

Looks very nice.

18 hours ago, mrtn said:

Heh, just saw this pic in Facebook.

Where did you see it on Facebook? I am curious to see people in the real world? 

Looking nice.  Refreshing to see a Transit Connect that is not a commercial vehicle.  Around here, Transit Connects are all over the road; and almost every one of them is in commercial use.  You haven't had any problems with the lowered ground clearance?  No scraping on driveways, bottoming out on hills, or scraping?  

14 hours ago, Fifty150 said:

Looking nice.  Refreshing to see a Transit Connect that is not a commercial vehicle.  Around here, Transit Connects are all over the road; and almost every one of them is in commercial use.  You haven't had any problems with the lowered ground clearance?  No scraping on driveways, bottoming out on hills, or scraping?  

that's a negative. seems to be a non-issue. but that being said I have lowered just about every vehicle I owned for the last 25 years. it rides a little stiffer, that's expected and okay with me. 

My fingers are crossed.  Sooner or later, somebody will add airbags and/or hydraulics to their van.  And those wire spoke wheels.    I can't wait to see the Low Rider Magazine Transit Connect.