Ford Transit Connect Forum

Safety Questions

Steve-0

Hello All,

I am considering buying a new Ford Transit Connect for my work vehicle. My questions are:

Is it a city vehicle, or is it safe for use on hwy driving, winter roads (ice/snow), and backroads?

I drive 60-70,000 kms a year, 45,000 hwy, 1/4 year winter driving ice and snow in Atlantic Canada.

How safe is if for driving hwy speeds of 100km/more for crash testing? I've only seen crash testing results for 50/km.

Thank you for your responses.

Prior to installing snow tires, I found the Transit Connect to be quite servicable in winter weather with all season radials. As a contract delivery driver in Upstate NY, I always use snow tires, begining in mid-December. As compared to my former Subaru all wheel drive, I found this vehicle to be almost as good as the Subaru for winter driving.

I use the Transit for city, highway, and country roads. It's not as comfortable and quiet as commuter vehicles, but for a commercial vehicle, it's not all that bad.

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased a transit In October for my primary work van. I replaced a 2003 Dodge grand Caravan cargovan, In the past 30 years I Have owned a Ford a Econoline, Chevy, Dodge Ram Vans and a Ford Aerostar. This by far has been the Best Handling van I have ever owned . Its gone trough snow this week (Detroit Michigan.) With 6000 mile on it so Far it appears to be solid And I am looking forward to many more years of performance. Equipped w advanced trac w roll stability the van does not appear to be top heavy even during a recent close call ( swerving out of a potential accident )

Edited by Bruce2174