Ford Transit Connect Forum

Location of cabin air filters

jfuhrma1

Cannot find location of cabin air filters. On RockAuto I found Motorcraft YH1805 {#CV6Z19D672B) Filter Cover Only.

Motorcraft FP70 (CV6Z19N619A) and FP75 (CV6Z19N619A) Rear Seats w/o Aux Heater.

From Owners Manual page 96:

CABIN AIR FILTER

Your vehicle has a cabin air filter in the

climate control system. It is fitted behind

the center console.

If your vehicle has rear climate control. The

cabin air filter is under the driver seat.

2014 Transit Connect XLT Wagon sold in USA.

Edited by jfuhrma1

Ever own a Mazda? I have owned several. On each I have owned you flex the glove compartment sides so the stops pass through the opening. Lower the door and wow the filter snap in filter cover and filter are right there. A five to ten minute job.

Ever own a Mazda? I have owned several. On each I have owned you flex the glove compartment sides so the stops pass through the opening. Lower the door and wow the filter snap in filter cover and filter are right there. A five to ten minute job.

On the 2015 (and 2014) TC, you have to pull the hinge pins to drop the glove box. They're not hard. Many cars have the glove box that you can release by squeezing the sides.

The TC cabin air filter is a bit harder to service.

• 1 year later...

DV6Z-19N619-A

This is a cone shaped filter under the driver seat.  I realize this is a late reply to the thread but I found it looking for the rear cabin air filter.   The glove box filter is not for the rear air conditioning evaporator.

If you look under the driver seat in this model you will see a very dirty cone shaped cover that appears to rotate a few degrees to loosen cover.

I just ordered the element on Amazon for 26 bucks

IMG_20170924_072248179.jpg

I love parts geek and they usually have a nice photo but in this case it was hard to know what was in the picture, the part number didn't match up and they were out of stock!  Luckily I had Amazon points to use and didn't have to pay out for the filter.  I just bought the Transit last night and it smells like patchouli and dog hair so hopefully this will do the trick.

I used a potauto brand for the front filter and put in yesterday and I just received the oem Ford rear filter today and installed it.  The rear cabin filter was held in a plastic cage and the plastic cage was held by one T20 torx at the rear. After removing the torx screw turn assembly counter clockwise a few degrees and it releases from floor.  

The part number I provided is more commonly known as FP75!

You can see the effort the little fan must have experienced after 120K miles on the old filter.  The dirt actually molded little cubes in the holes that fell out in solid pieces.

IMG_20170929_155942104.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 9/24/2017 at 6:53 AM, Keith Blume said:

DV6Z-19N619-A

This is a cone shaped filter under the driver seat.  I realize this is a late reply to the thread but I found it looking for the rear cabin air filter.   The glove box filter is not for the rear air conditioning evaporator.

If you look under the driver seat in this model you will see a very dirty cone shaped cover that appears to rotate a few degrees to loosen cover.

I just ordered the element on Amazon for 26 bucks

IMG_20170924_072248179.jpg

I have the '14 TC 2.5 so there is a filter under the drivers seat And in the glovebox?

• 1 year later...