Ford Transit Connect Forum

2013 TC XLT Cargo. Why two dials with defrost icons? Front glass heated?

Campcrazy

I found it odd that in addition to defrost settings on the vent selection dial that there is also one at the highest heat setting of the temperature dial. So reading the manual it says that it has a heated windshield switch...but they show a switch and not it on the temperature dial. So is it heated? And if not then what purpose is this furthest right icon on the temperature dial? I do have rear defrost and heated mirrors but they're both on a separate switch above radio.

The dealer told me on both of my 2012's that the switches both had to be in the defrost positions for the defroster to work. But I have had great success defrosting mine with just the selector switch in defrost and the fan selector not. Which of course this is the same dealer that spent 30 minutes trying to figure out how to pop the hood to show me the engine. Sad when the customer has to do their job and open the hood out of pity. But none the less, that is the explanation I was given on the dual defrost emblems.

Edited by BSUPC

Hello Campcrazy, as per the owners manual for the 2010 Transit Connect (most of which should be the same as your 2013) here is the explanation for the defroster symbol on the fan switch........ Fan speed adjustment: Controls the volume of air circulated in the vehicle. For optimum defrosting performance, set the dial to at least
the 3 or 4 position near the (defrost) symbol.

Edited by 103west43rd

So is it heated?

You can see the heating wires in the windshield if you look closely. Or check if you have the left button in the top right corner: http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/0jYAAOSwoydWsKMo/$/$_57.JPG

It switches on the heater.

Very unlikely tho, we have just had a topic here where it became apparent that you only got the windshield heater with Gen2.