Ford Transit Connect Forum

Windows for New Ford Transit Connect Cargo Van

It's available as an option if you do a custom order. Either passenger side only or both sides. But almost all dealer stock I've seen is no windows. It's part of the reason I was headed down the custom route before I ended up getting a dealer stock wagon and removing the seats.

Edited by DonShockley

I have a 2015 cargo van and would like to put windows in the sliding doors. My dealer says he can probably do it, windows and install, for around $800

I see you can buy theses windows for the 2013 and earlier vans for around $150 each and then you have to find someone to take out the door panels and install the windows and I assume this could be done for less than $500, so my dealer price of $800 seems a little high.

however, if the addition of windows in the sliding door prevents an accident by reducing blind spots, then it's certainly worth it

• 1 month later...

I ended up going with the dealers window and it did cost about $800. Pricey, but now I can back out of parking spaces without relying on the charity of other drivers

I think you made a good investment.

I have side and rear windows from the factory and the van has great visibility even though the rear side panel isn't windowed like it is in a wagon model.

All I added were the two windows on the sliding doors. A great improvement in visibility. Later I'm going to have them and the rear window tinted as dark as possible. I'm going to order two of these vents to mount up on the roof at the back of the van so I can have a little ventilation. They're bi-directional so you can either pull air in or exhaust it.

for some reason they won't let me post an image of the vents.

All I added were the two windows on the sliding doors. A great improvement in visibility. Later I'm going to have them and the rear window tinted as dark as possible. I'm going to order two of these vents to mount up on the roof at the back of the van so I can have a little ventilation. They're bi-directional so you can either pull air in or exhaust it.

I'd like to see the vent you have in mind.

instead can you provide a website link to where you plan to get them?

Sorry to ask stupid questions... but I'm looking to get a TC (2010-2013 model) and I really want the full windows all around. Those are fairly hard to find. Are you saying you were able to take a cargo van and (re) convert it back to the windowed version? From what I gather, they all started life as a fully windowed van and then had the windows removed and metal panels glued (or somehow affixed) in place.

If you were able to convert it back that would be awesome news. Any chance you could give a brief description of what was involved (as far as you know)? I don't need a play by play, just a rough idea of what was involved (cutting, painting, welding, gluing, etc.)

Thanks so much.

Edit: Just noticed that you have a 2015. I'm still interested in hearing about your process though. Thanks.

Edited by bvz2000

• 3 weeks later...

It was really easy to add the Windows to the sliding doors-all it took was $$$$

And a dealor who was willing to work with me. The Windows for the sliding doors were something like $350-$400 each and I ordered them through the dealor, who asked their window contractor how hard would it be to install them. "No problem, just remove the plastic place and glue the window in its place"

So I ordered the Windows and in about two weeks later they showed up. I called the contractor the dealor used and they said they wouldn't put them in as I didn't buy the Windows from them!!!!!

So I went back to the dealor and told them what their contractor said, and he called the contractor, 5 mins later I had an appointment with the contractor to install the Windows. I

It took about 20 minutes to install each window. They used this tool that looked like a vibrating paddle to cut through the glue which holds the plastic pannel in place. Ran a line of glue around the opening and set the window in place. Very simple and I'm very satisfied I did it