Ford Transit Connect Forum

Flash Your Lights !

kndlkstms

• 1 month later...

I have people flashing me with brights all the time...the angle of my lights is indeed too high off the road and they think I am High Lighting them. I looked into the possibility that mine were not adjusted correctly...seems to be just the way it is. Does this happen to anyone else? 2010 Transit Connect

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/6/2015 at 10:46 AM, Slonie said:

All the elevator repairmen and caterers might be confused as to why they're getting high-beamed... ;)

7 hours ago, Chirola said:

I wave a few TC's and I was just ignored, I guess I'll keep trying. 

Considering that over half of the Transit Connects in The U.S.A. are a part of some company's fleet, you're simply waiving at someone's employee.  They don't know, or care, why you're waiving.  Very few privately owned and operated Transit Connects.  Which is why so many are on the road, and so few people are on this forum.  Day to day Transit Connect drivers don't care.  It's not their car.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/14/2016 at 2:15 AM, Fifty150 said:

Certainly didn't wave at Joe's Air Conditioning. You are totally right, not there vehicle don;t really care.  You can tell when the car is privately owned, or at least most of the time, those are the ones I wave. 

Considering that over half of the Transit Connects in The U.S.A. are a part of some company's fleet, you're simply waiving at someone's employee.  They don't know, or care, why you're waiving.  Very few privately owned and operated Transit Connects.  Which is why so many are on the road, and so few people are on this forum.  Day to day Transit Connect drivers don't care.  It's not their car.

On 10/13/2016 at 3:46 PM, Chirola said:

Same deal with Jeep owners, they just wave at each other. I wave a few TC's and I was just ignored, I guess I'll keep trying. 

I've had Jeeps.  Most Jeep people (I was going to say Jeep Guys) mod their rides.  Just like Harleys, Mustangs, pick-up trucks, Honda Civics.......notice where the aftermarket is.  Nobody mods a Camry or a Taurus..  Those people are always checking out other cars on the road.  That's when you notice the other person checking out your car.  That is when the waiving happens.  It's much mordial congenial to offer a friendly waive, as opposed to a dirty look.

On 11/5/2016 at 5:33 PM, Chirola said:

Certainly didn't wave at Joe's Air Conditioning.

I pulled up in the commercial parking spot right behind this guy.  Took these photos of his van.  Tried waiving at him.  He looked at me like I was.........attracted to him.........in that way!  I should get some of those stickers, like the one that says "911".  Then maybe I won't have to pay the parking meter.

KIMG0096.JPG

KIMG0097.JPG

I got a more positive reaction yesterday when I went to drop off donations at Goodwill and my TC's twin pulled up at the same time. As the other driver got out, she was looking quizically over at my TC. As soon as I got out and said "LOOK! Twins" she laughed and said it had caught her attention but she wasn't sure why until I said something. She immediately followed up with "Don't you just love these things!" as she came over to shake my hand. Had to snap a photo.

20161110_112857.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Obviously, this guy didn't read this forum.  I kept flashing my lights, he kept looking at me.  Then he reached under his dashboard, pulled out a speaker mic, and I swear he must have been calling in my description and license plate number.  Like he was calling for backup, or trying to get me busted.

KIMG0295.JPG

• 4 weeks later...