Ford Transit Connect Forum

Hello from a soon to be new owner

gordow

I'm really stoked to finally find out my boss is leasing me a new Transit and should be getting it by the end of November.

Now i won't have to work out of the back of a 2006 Uplander any more and no more bruised knees from kneeling on the damn seat anchors getting my deliveries in and out of the back of that thing. It might be good for a people hauler , but sucks big time as a work van.

I have a couple of questions though if i might.

How does this baby handle in the snow , i'm up in Ontario outside of Toronto , but my trips take me a little further north and east of the city , and though our winters haven't been to bad lately , i'm just wondering how people in the snow belts find this little van in the snow ,, i'm looking forward to the smaller 4cyl as i'm sure the torque is a little less than the Uplander and thus not as prone to slip and slide on acceleration from stops.

The other thing , is what make and model are the standard tires on these ,, i'm sure they might differ between the U.S. and Canada , but was just wondering what i'm looking at in the way of traction and wear.

Glad to read many of the posts hear , and a lot of praise heaped upon these little trucks ,, i'm really looking forward to getting mine.

Thanks for the info

Gord

Winter handling, due to the front wheel drive is very good.

I live in northern part of Rhode Island, on a street that's half way up or half way down a hill, take your pick.

The grade is fairly steep either way. My last vehicle was a Subaru Outback, so the hill didn't pose a problem.

I purchased the Transit Connect in mid winter, early this year and while it's not in the same class as an Outback in the snow, the hill did not even phase it.

Up or down, not a problem. As long as your not breaking trail in deep snow you shouldn't have a problem.

Roland(boomer43)

PS I did replace the stock wheels and tires with cast aluminum and the next size up tires from Tire Rack, but that was strictly for looks.