Ford Transit Connect Forum

WeatherTech vs Husky vs Ford Liners

goldfilm

Winter is approaching and I need good all weather liners for my Connect LWB wagon. I'm shocked with the prices, the WeatherTech three-row package costs $269. Is there any other brand like Husky worthy? Does Ford offer something similar? For almost $300 I wonder if I should install the parking aid sensor... :)

• 7 months later...

I had Weathertech liners in my previous vehicle (crew cab pickup) for the 8yrs I owned it. They were thoroughly abused by me, my children, and my friends on many a fishing/camping trip, in addition to daily wear and tear. Always cleaned up looking like new. I'll definitely be ordering a 1st & 2nd row set for the TC at some point.

I'm disappointed that Weathertech only offer cargo liners for behind the 1st and 3rd rows. Looks like Ford is the only maker of a "behind the 2nd row" liner. I'd like to see one in person before committing.

I've read a review on Amazon regarding the WeatherTech Floor Mats/Liners not going up the full length of the foot rest/dead pedal... The Husky liners are cheaper in price and go up the full length of the dead pedal... I was dead set on purchasing the WeatherTech Floor Mats/Liners but after reading the review and actually looking at the pictures, I'm going to go with the Husky liners...

I have big feet and would like more coverage... I tried searching to find the review I read regarding the foot rest/dead pedal post but I can't seem to find it... Not sure if the WeatherTech photo posted is a Stock Image or the actual product... If it is the actual image, it doesn't seem to have a good rise up the sides compared to the Husky...

WeatherTech:

https://www.amazon.com/2014-2015-Transit-Black-FloorLiner/dp/B00R6DLSTG/ref=sr_1_4?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1464772213&vehicle=2014-54-16130-------------0&sr=1-4&ymm=2014%3Aford%3Atransit+connect&keywords=2014+ford+transit+connect

Husky:

https://www.amazon.com/Husky-Liners-2014-2015-Transit-Weatherbeater/dp/B0142H8SL4/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1464772213&vehicle=2014-54-16130-------------0&sr=1-2&ymm=2014%3Aford%3Atransit+connect&keywords=2014+ford+transit+connect

Edited by NateTheFknGreat

You mean the polyurethane floor coating, Kyle?

Nope, I have a wagon. I wish the seat backs and folding "floor" pieces were of a more impermeable material. Even though I have a wagon I'm using this thing for it's hauling and utility purposes. $100+ for aftermarket liners is kinda ridiculous.

I've read a review on Amazon regarding the WeatherTech Floor Mats/Liners not going up the full length of the foot rest/dead pedal... The Husky liners are cheaper in price and go up the full length of the dead pedal... I was dead set on purchasing the WeatherTech Floor Mats/Liners but after reading the review and actually looking at the pictures, I'm going to go with the Husky liners...

I have big feet and would like more coverage... I tried searching to find the review I read regarding the foot rest/dead pedal post but I can't seem to find it... Not sure if the WeatherTech photo posted is a Stock Image or the actual product... If it is the actual image, it doesn't seem to have a good rise up the sides compared to the Husky...

WeatherTech:

https://www.amazon.com/2014-2015-Transit-Black-FloorLiner/dp/B00R6DLSTG/ref=sr_1_4?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1464772213&vehicle=2014-54-16130-------------0&sr=1-4&ymm=2014%3Aford%3Atransit+connect&keywords=2014+ford+transit+connect

Husky:

https://www.amazon.com/Husky-Liners-2014-2015-Transit-Weatherbeater/dp/B0142H8SL4/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1464772213&vehicle=2014-54-16130-------------0&sr=1-2&ymm=2014%3Aford%3Atransit+connect&keywords=2014+ford+transit+connect

I didn't notice that the 1st Row Husky's had more coverage but now I see it! Thanks for that. Looks like the Weathertech 2nd Row Liner may have a bit more coverage than Husky, though...

Pricing is pretty comparable - around $200 for two rows.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I ended up purchasing the WeatherTech front and 2nd row due to being talked into it by the dealer....  They said they carried the Husky Liners when they first came out but they were having complaints about the Husky's not holding they're shape over time....  They said the WeatherTech's are a lot more rigid and they haven't had any complaints.....  For me to order any floor mats to Hawaii is an arm, leg and first born.....  The dealer only charged me retail cost and didn't mark it up on the shipping....  Buying it online would have cost me $125 just in shipping....  I opted for the less riser on the dead pedal....

20160803_004302_zpsdgvfnowp.jpg

Edited by NateTheFknGreat

• 4 weeks later...

The genuine Ford rubber all weather matts do not cover any of the sides of the foot wells and only the very bottom. They are also a soft rubber and slide around a lot as people climb in and out despite the little rubber nubs on the bottom. Husky or Weathertech a far superior option where they fit.

I ordered the Husky liners and they cover the full front foot well and stay in place. I have not had any issues with them holding their shape, although the retaining button on the drivers floor mat is not molded in like the weathertech. They are instead a 2-piece plastic design that snaps together, sandwiching the plastic between it. They work fine once down, but the caps like to pop apart if you remove the liners like I do in order to hose them out. Some appropriate plastic cement or moulding/weatherstripping glue will fix this.

Husky, WeatherTech, and Ford all make floor mats that fit the front row foot wells well within their design. Husky covers almost the entire foot well, but seems like a thinner/lighter build then Weather Tech. Ford's matts are basically just a rubber version of the stock carpet matts. Not worth it if you actually plan to have dirty feet getting in and out of your car.

Unfortunately, I have the titanium edition which means I have bucket seats in the second row. The Husky and weathertech floor liners will NOT fit bench seats. The mount points and where they are on the floor is different. The liner will literally come up over the front of the seats. I had to return the ones I bought because of it. The only ones that 'fit' are the Ford ones and they do so poorly. The passengers side fits well but the drivers side does not. There is a notch on the drivers side that does not match anything in the foot well, and results in approximately a 1" by 5" area of floor exposed needlessly. The ford matt does not protect the sides or anything else. They also slide around a lot with people climbing in and out. In retrospect, if I knew then what I know now I would have returned the Ford floor matts as well. The biggest disappointment is that the matts do not stay in place. I have to constantly pull them out from under the front seats or reposition them from side to side. To further add insult to injury they are only obtainable by buying the 4-piece set. So if anyone wants a set of front Genuine Ford rubber all-weather floor mats let me know, I'll make you a deal on them.

And since the fit of the third row depends upon the second row, there is no third row option at all from any of them.

The short version foes like this:

- If you have bench seats then the liners from Husky and WeatherTech will fit good

- If you have Titanium or second row bucket seats, just get the first row from Husky/Weathertech, and try to make some universal/generic matts fit where you can.

At least that's my 2-cents after spending over $200 trying to figure something out.

• 2 months later...

I was told by Husky that they plan to add a 2nd row liner for bucket seats as soon as they have a vehicle to measure, they are not located in a large metro so maybe that really is the hold up.

The only 2nd row bucket seat option I've found is a custom fit Lloyds rubbertite hex mat, autoanything.com has them available. I checked and the 6-Pass and 7-Pass versions have different part numbers so it seems correct. I had these in a Scion xB a few years ago and they did an okay job, they are half the price of liners.