• New Transit Connect Member
  •  
  • Dandytc
  • T.C. Member
  • 9 posts
  • Region:Canada British Columbia
  • Current Vehicle:2015 TC XLT wagon hatchback
On 12/10/2016 at 4:58 PM, mrtn said:

What kind of block heaters they install in Canada? Pretty much all TC here have diesel fuel based Webasto or Eberspächer coolant heater standard, independent, programmable and/or remote controllable.

When I first got my TC, I couldn't find a cord for the block heater, and ended up thinking that there was none. After reading recent posts, I checked my owner's manual, and it doesn't say "If equipped" under the "Engine block heater" title page 117, so I took another look, and sure enough, there it was. The reason I didn't find it previously, is because I was looking for a cord that looked like the one in my previous vehicle (Ford Focus wagon), which was a flat 3 conductor cord with a plug at the end, much like a regular household HD cord. The cord on the TC is wrapped with corrugated loom, and the plug is round. The whole thing was hiding under another loom to the right of the air filter. I would think that a block heater might be standard in colder regions in the US as well. I hope the pics will help some of you find theirs.

IMG_1282.JPGIMG_1281.JPGIMG_1280.JPG