Ford Transit Connect Forum

How do I remove the console-mounted window switch?

Timbo

I'm having an issue with my 2010 Transit Connect. Well two actually, if you count my not being able to find a shop manual for it! Why doesn't anyone make a good old-fashioned paper manual I can scribble notes in and dog-ear the pages??

Because I don't have a shop manual, I can't figure out how to remove the window switch that's located on the console between the front seats without breaking it. I don't want to force it, something I'm famous for, because I don't want to break anything. It looks like it should just pop out with a little "careful" prying.

I'm pretty sure it's the switch and not the regulator that's keeping the right window from going down, because if I can get the window to go down, it *always* comes back up. Also, if I punch the switch a few times, it tends to help, suggesting it's the switch, or the connector plug, that's the problem and not the regulator.

A quick Google Image search reveals small tabs holding the switch in place. Can I simply pry the switch out from above, or do I need to remove the console to access the tabs?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

$55 replacement on Ebay.  but i fully dissambled and soaked mine in "tuner cleaner".  worked a while.  2nd attempt and closer look revealled poor design. Switching contacts simply wear oxidize and wear down.  used wire brush, and gently bent toggle mechanism downward a tiny bit. Been working AOK for months.  good luck.