Ford Transit Connect Forum

Speed Control

paskenta

Just bought a TC XL cargo van, bare bones, and am interested in installing an aftermarket Speed control (cruise control). Anyone know of a good one? Have experience with Rostra on my Yaris, didn't like the mounting position Toyota used for aftermarket. Placed the lever/control about "seven o'clock" on the steering column, not visible, and doesn't illuminate the factory cluster alert lite for cruise control in operation.

• 1 month later...

Just bought a TC XL cargo van, bare bones, and am interested in installing an aftermarket Speed control (cruise control). Anyone know of a good one? Have experience with Rostra on my Yaris, didn't like the mounting position Toyota used for aftermarket. Placed the lever/control about "seven o'clock" on the steering column, not visible, and doesn't illuminate the factory cluster alert lite for cruise control in operation.

I have the same van. No cruise is a pain. Had an aftermarket one added (don't know the name) now i have a transmission problem. Since I know these things are drive by wire the two issues may be connected. I'll post the name later.

• 11 months later...

I have the same van. No cruise is a pain. Had an aftermarket one added (don't know the name) now i have a transmission problem. Since I know these things are drive by wire the two issues may be connected. I'll post the name later.

Did you ever resolve the problem with the aftermarket cruise control? Was it a Rostra?

• 1 month later...

You SHOULD be able to add the OEM cruse control.

I believe the electronics is all there. The only thing needed is the module that controls the accelerator cable and also the steering wheel controls

Big mystery about the wire harness though.

THEN you need a Ford technician that understands the cruise control has to be enabled in the computer

People have added the OEM cruise control in the newer Focus